• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrellas which offer 'Salary-Sacrifice' pensions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisTruby View Post
    See that makes a lot of sense and that's what I hoped but when seeing the word bonus alarm bells went off. ?

Thank you!
    And that's exactly the diligence you need to be doing constantly. If you can think to ask this type of questions up front you'll avoid a world of heartache and pain. Kudos for spotting it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      And that's exactly the diligence you need to be doing constantly. If you can think to ask this type of questions up front you'll avoid a world of heartache and pain. Kudos for spotting it.
      Thanks! Ltd Co's and Umbrella's feel like minefields that you just have to be constantly on top of to not get blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        An umbrella company needs to pay paid minimum wage - that is what Dolans called your base pay / salary.

Everything else is a "bonus" which can go in only 2 directions

1) as salary. All appropriate tax is paid and what remains is paid as part of your salary payment into your bank account alongside your base pay / salary.

2) it can be sent to your pension scheme via salary sacrifice.
        Couldn't have written it better myself

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTruby View Post
          Thanks! Ltd Co's and Umbrella's feel like minefields that you just have to be constantly on top of to not get blown up.
          Hi ChrisTruby, no you just need to speak to the right people, it is a full time job to keep on top of the changes in this industry

Comment

Umbrellas and Salary Sacriufice

Originally posted by SPM View Post
            Hello All,

I am trying to find out if there are any umbrella companies offer 'Salary Sacrifice' pensions

So far only found one which is Contractor Umbrella

Parasol - Not able to get a clear answer from them.
            I work through Paystream and they offer Salary Sacrifice. If you want, I can send a recommendation through to you (will need your email and mobile number as they phone you to talk through your requirements). you can send them on DM if you want. I am through Paystream and I will get a full £50 if you take up my recommendation (subject to all of the taxes and fees (i.e. 58% of £50)

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan Clarke View Post
              I work through Paystream and they offer Salary Sacrifice. If you want, I can send a recommendation through to you (will need your email and mobile number as they phone you to talk through your requirements). you can send them on DM if you want. I am through Paystream and I will get a full £50 if you take up my recommendation (subject to all of the taxes and fees (i.e. 58% of £50)
              Im with PayStream salary Sacrifice, and worked very well, in to the SIPP on time every month, although their admin charge for this service is not the cheapest. so best to front load the pension contributions and the stop it after a few months to save on ongoing charges.

Comment

I have spoke to few listed here, I was very interested to with Orange Genie as they're in approved list from my agency. £18 weekly margin. But they just told me my pension will only be paid in my SIPP account monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                  Couldn't have written it better myself
                  You're right. You couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by willss3608 View Post
                    I have spoke to few listed here, I was very interested to with Orange Genie as they're in approved list from my agency. £18 weekly margin. But they just told me my pension will only be paid in my SIPP account monthly.
                    Why is that a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by willss3608 View Post
                      and? while the money may be sat in their accounts for up to 4 weeks it's not like they are going to go belly up.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X