• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brollies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    Thanks

The agency is reed, I haven't heard of any of those brollies hence my question
    I've heard of JSA. Doing a search on the names on the list on here using <name> site:forums.contractoruk.com makes from some grim reading for most of them. To be fair some of the bad news threads are very old. Not sure if it's valid feedback but I'd say you've got a grim choice to make there.

Wouldn't want to be in your boots.

I'd be crossing everything I've got and ringing Lucy to prey she can help.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks

The agency is reed, I haven't heard of any of those brollies hence my question
      [emoji6] if you suggest using us (assuming you want to) I may be able to help!

Comment

I mentioned to agency that you had contractors working through reed but they insisted that if your not on the list they won't use you.

I can only find limited info on those I had never heard of

Comment

This is the response from Reed's Financial Director:
          "Happy to report back that Contractor Umbrella Limited have passed our Due Diligence process."
          So happy to push them on it if you wish

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
            This is the response from Reed's Financial Director:
            "Happy to report back that Contractor Umbrella Limited have passed our Due Diligence process."
            So happy to push them on it if you wish
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I mentioned to agency that you had contractors working through reed but they insisted that if your not on the list they won't use you.

Have a read of this http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...-umbrella.html

And then all you can do is to phone them up and ask all of them the same questions regarding take home pay, commission, pensions, service support and the like...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Someone is getting a kickback then. Have you PMed Lucy to see if she can help?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Someone is getting a kickback then. Have you PMed Lucy to see if she can help?
                  They may be equally it may be that only certain companies are on the approved list. If you think how many dodgy umbrellas are around it’s far safer for an agency to only approve x umbrellas and state to staff that there are no exceptions then make them if absolutely necessary

Yes kickbacks may be involved as both me and nluk joke about but after the September 30th changes few umbrellas are going to be taking unnecessary risks with unknown umbrella companies
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Of those on the list, I’ve heard of / know JSA.
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      They may be equally it may be that only certain companies are on the approved list. If you think how many dodgy umbrellas are around it’s far safer for an agency to only approve x umbrellas and state to staff that there are no exceptions then make them if absolutely necessary

Yes kickbacks may be involved as both me and nluk joke about but after the September 30th changes few umbrellas are going to be taking unnecessary risks with unknown umbrella companies
                      Agreed.

In this particular case, it seems odd that one part of Reed is giving differet advice than the finance director. There may be a good reason for that.

I don't trust agents - I am sure everyone else on CUK does though.......

Comment

Working...
                      X