• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am i costing myself money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get one of these bank accounts that gives me imaginary money to fund lavish expenses and reduce my tax burden?

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      If you're going to do it properly you get a suite at the George Cinq and then get flown to the gig each day by private helicopter
      Is there any problem getting them to invoice you directly? After all aren't umbrella's supposed to make things easier.
      Last edited by eek; 15 July 2014, 16:13.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Is there any problem getting them to invoice you directly? After all aren't umbrella's supposed to make things easier.
        We certainly are here to make things easier but I'm afraid I do draw the line at financing luxury business trips
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Travelling 1st class isn't always best

Robbery in first class train thief threatens businessman and escapes with laptop and cash - News - London Evening Standard

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
            If you're going to do it properly you get a suite at the George Cinq and then get flown to the gig each day by private helicopter
            The downside is the courtesy car service is run by a pisshead in a very ropey old merc.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
              The downside is the courtesy car service is run by a pisshead in a very ropey old merc.
              That's The Ritz isn't it?
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                Make sure you also claim for the flat rate meal allowance of £5/£10/£15 if you are travelling on business and you have incurred an expense for food (however small the expense was) because this reduces your tax too.
                Really? For a routine journey to your normal work location not involving an overnight stay (or, at least a very long day)?
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  That's The Ritz isn't it?
                  Yeah, you're right. Merde.

Comment

Working...
                  X