• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

November 22nd - The death of contracting as we know it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regron View Post
    There is always more to digest in the full blown document that will be published.
    Surely though IR35 would've been something he would've discussed or am I being naïve?

Comment

Stamp duty abolished for first time buyers up to £300k.

Didn't see that one coming...

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbantz View Post
        Surely though IR35 would've been something he would've discussed or am I being naïve?
        Of no interest to the general public and technical so it would be hidden in the detail
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

3.7 Off-payroll working in the private sector – The government reformed the off-payroll
          working rules (known as IR35) for engagements in the public sector in April 2017. Early
          indications are that public sector compliance is increasing as a result, and therefore a possible
          next step would be to extend the reforms to the private sector, to ensure individuals who
          effectively work as employees are taxed as employees even if they choose to structure their work
          through a company. It is right that the government take account of the needs of businesses and
          individuals who would implement any change. Therefore the government will carefully consult
          on how to tackle non-compliance in the private sector, drawing on the experience of the public
          sector reforms, including through external research already commissioned by the government
          and due to be published in 2018.

Comment

3.7 Off-payroll working in the private sector – The government reformed the off-payroll working rules (known as IR35) for engagements in the public sector in April 2017. Early indications are that public sector compliance is increasing as a result, and therefore a possible next step would be to extend the reforms to the private sector, to ensure individuals who effectively work as employees are taxed as employees even if they choose to structure their work through a company. It is right that the government take account of the needs of businesses and individuals who would implement any change. Therefore the government will carefully consult on how to tackle non-compliance in the private sector, drawing on the experience of the public sector reforms, including through external research already commissioned by the government and due to be published in 2018.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

IPSE are tweeting that there will be a consultation on IR35 in the private sector in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
                IPSE are tweeting that there will be a consultation on IR35 in the private sector in 2018.
                Section 3.7 of the Red Book (see above)
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Section 3.7 of the Red Book (see above)
                  Yep I was posting as you were so we crossed.

As Blackadder once said, I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
                    Tories will be out by then, so all good.

Comment

April 2019 it is then...

Comment

Working...
                      X