• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

November 22nd - The death of contracting as we know it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NonnyMouse View Post
    Content produced and sponsered by IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
      Content produced and sponsered by IPSE
      Does it matter provided people read it and understand it
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        They were making people go via brolly even before the PS rules came into effect.

Always getting calls about roles there.
        Not seen the roles on the Digital Marketplace before.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Does it matter provided people read it and understand it
          There are comments, some I think from people on here

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Ask your accountant? Don't be a cretin? Have you tried bleeding the radiators? Get a DFS sofa?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Not all of them are from people on here and IPSE members, as you know like I do, most people in both groups are in IT and still working so don't talk about things like CIS and being put out of business in the 90s.

Oh hello HMRC
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Got this back from MP

Dear Mr X

Thank you for your email. I am aware of these rumours, but I would stress that that is all that they are at the moment. Unfortunately I, like you, will only find out what is in the Budget when it is read out in the Commons by the Chancellor but I would be deeply concerned about any measures which undermined or punished small businesses. There are various rumours circulation, from the extension of IR35 to private sectors, to the announcement of a consultation, to the tidying-up of some areas from the current position in the public sector with no move to the private sector. Expectations are that no changes, even if they announced, would come into force for a couple of years.

Since my election I have worked hard to promote local SMEs, working closely with Business Gateway and other organisations, as East Ren has a particularly vibrant small and micro-enterprise community which we need to cultivate and help grow.

As you set out, there are real concerns with the impact of extending out IR35 which business is understandably kicking back on.

Whilst we will wait and see what is actually in the Budget, I would hope that if there measures which would, on any view, be detrimental to small business are announced they would be mitigated by a significant package of other forms of support.

The Conservatives must continue to be the party that champions small and local business, and I will be uncomfortable with anything which goes against this.

I will however pass your comments onto the Treasury team.

Kind regards

Paul

Paul Masterton MP
                Member of Parliament for East Renfrewshire

Comment

FT thinking he wont announce private sector roll out today...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.f...b-291a884dd8c6

Behind a paywall. Says the following:

The chancellor considered a controversial crackdown on bogus self-employment in the private sector, but he is thought to have concluded not to rush the move and that more public consultation is required.
                  Last edited by craigy1874; 22 November 2017, 08:04.

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
                    FT thinking he wont announce private sector roll out today...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.f...b-291a884dd8c6
                    Yeah, but a public consultation towards that end, which was always more likely. Implementation in 2018 was never likely, but that’s why they raise these trial balloons: to gauge pushback. It’s still coming...

Comment

As I commented elsewhere note how this almost now feels inevitable and not that bad compared to a month ago.

The binned VAT starting point change has made something that a month ago was awful now feel not as bad as it could have been
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X