• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector Rules, coming to you soon...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Sector Rules, coming to you soon...

So who's excited about this? I am. Any glimpse as to whether the new spend spend spend era of Conservatism is going to be funded almost entirely by contractors?

Until they run out of contractors to milk. Which could come very quickly - politicians being notoriously inept at predicting the consequences of their actions on the behavior of economic agents.
    As far as I'm concerned, the implosion of the UK cannot come soon enough.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
      So who's excited about this? I am. Any glimpse as to whether the new spend spend spend era of Conservatism is going to be funded almost entirely by contractors?
      The private sector will be a lot less accommodating than the public sector has been in implementing the rules.

As I've stated for a while the things to watch out for is not IR35 but the Taylor Review recommendations....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The private sector will be a lot less accommodating than the public sector has been in implementing the rules.

As I've stated for a while the things to watch out for is not IR35 but the Taylor Review recommendations....
        This is then one that looks into "rights of self-employed and gig-economy workers"? And actually makes matters worse for them?

A shame they don't look at CT loopholes.

The government just want Accenture Androids and Cr4p Capitas to get the money. While they keep their kickbacks of course....

Comment

The guidance for public sector has been re-drafted and will be published this week.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            The guidance for public sector has been re-drafted and will be published this week.
            Inneresting. Any idea what is coming up in them?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              This is then one that looks into "rights of self-employed and gig-economy workers"? And actually makes matters worse for them?

A shame they don't look at CT loopholes.

The government just want Accenture Androids and Cr4p Capitas to get the money. While they keep their kickbacks of course....
              That depends on your viewpoint. There are a fair few gig workers who have approached unions to try and improve their lot in life...

Someone commented (elsewhere) today that the economy has been hollowed out and work is now minimum wage or £40k plus and there is little in between... I think that viewpoint is very valid...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                That depends on your viewpoint. There are a fair few gig workers who have approached unions to try and improve their lot in life...

Someone commented (elsewhere) today that the economy has been hollowed out and work is now minimum wage or £40k plus and there is little in between... I think that viewpoint is very valid...
                Agreed. And it seems to be hitting productivity.

Comment

Due out today or tomorrow, according to an email received today at 14:32...

As you have previously shown an interest in off-payroll working reforms, we thought you would be interested to read that HMRC has re-drafted our guidance for off-payroll working. We expect it to be published today or tomorrow on the off-payroll working guidance pages of GOV.UK.

We will send you a further email with the revised link once it becomes available.

Kind regards

HMRC, Employment Status & Intermediaries Policy Team.

Comment

No news as yet then?

Comment

Working...
                    X