• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector IR35 consultation launched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start looking. The only way to resolve this mess is to make it clear what the consequences for project delivery will be.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Isn't information on personal tax confidential and nobody except the revenue can request to see it? In my case, I pay no salary from MyCo, so my response would have to be £0.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Isn't information on personal tax confidential and nobody except the revenue can request to see it? In my case, I pay no salary from MyCo, so my response would have to be £0.
        Yep but most contractors are muppets who will just do what's asked.
        Most hr drones don't know what's legal / illegal so will ask unless called out and won't care if they are. After all the others have provided the information, you are just in the awkward squad.

Hence my advice would be find something else, then cite the request as a breach of contract and start the new private sector contract
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The Qdos public sector pack was designed to be in line with the Procurement Policy Note (PPN) – Tax Arrangements of Public Appointees, which states; “The worker should be able to provide evidence of a contract review to say that they are outside the scope of the IR35 legislation at the 6 month point.” We back this up with a review of the working practices for a complete overview of the contractors status.

If the organisation are asking for more evidence than this, I would ask them how this marries up to PPN.

Jon
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Any views on the consultation document Jon? I see you are mentioned as one of the organisations consulted at the bottom.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The MoD seem to be using some updated governance, has this been made available anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by westtester View Post
                The MoD seem to be using some updated governance, has this been made available anywhere?
                MoD making governance process available to the public. That's not going to happen is it surely?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  MoD making governance process available to the public. That's not going to happen is it surely?
                  If it relates to procurement, I hoped that it might have been circulated among suppliers, agencies, whoever so they can be aware of the new rules

I guess I'm impatient and want to know what the hell is going on before I check my Inbox tomorrow morning and have the worst confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by westtester View Post
                    If it relates to procurement, I hoped that it might have been circulated among suppliers, agencies, whoever so they can be aware of the new rules

I guess I'm impatient and want to know what the hell is going on before I check my Inbox tomorrow morning and have the worst confirmed.
                    If it has been it would be to the List X community only, at least for now. Don't expect anyone to tell you anything.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Looks like the MoD are ignoring the IR35 consultation and applying the new rules immediately. We have to provide proof of full tax and NI paid on payments received or contracts will be terminated and details passed to HMRC. Independent contract reviews are no longer accepted as proof of compliance.

Comment

Working...
                      X