• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is everyone going to do assuming HMR&C and Osborne get their way?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only 5 days until we get actual confirmation.

Comment

You're kidding? I am sure we will go from knowing nothing, to getting a rough idea of the direction, but I'm confident that will just lead to a load more questions rather than any real clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
        It's only 5 days until we get actual confirmation.
        Am I the only one who feels like a turkey just before Christmas??

Comment

Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
          You're kidding? I am sure we will go from knowing nothing, to getting a rough idea of the direction, but I'm confident that will just lead to a load more questions rather than any real clarity.
          Never said anything about clarity.

Comment

Someone has just put out the idea that the 'leaked' document APSCo refer to could in fact be the consultation document - this would make perfect sense
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              Someone has just put out the idea that the 'leaked' document APSCo refer to could in fact be the consultation document - this would make perfect sense
              I'd be okay with that - on the basis that nothing happens until April 17 and that the CBI, IPSE & APSCo all fight it alongside us, tooth and nail.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
                I'd be okay with that - on the basis that nothing happens until April 17 and that the CBI, IPSE & APSCo all fight it alongside us, tooth and nail.
                How successful has anyone been in stopping the T&S changes after that consultation. I have a feeling whatever's in that document will come to pass with very few changes.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                  How successful has anyone been in stopping the T&S changes after that consultation.
                  We don't know yet, do we?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                    And to be honest - that is no skin off of the CBI and others noses. We are too small to worry about on our own.

If IR35 makes them liable for any taxes, they'll be all over it like a rash.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                      We don't but the harding stance on IR35 etc certainly suggests they're not looking to give us any relief.

Comment

Working...
                      X