• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is everyone going to do assuming HMR&C and Osborne get their way?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    I think the one month thing is a bit of a red herring - if we think about the tools that HMRC have now: agency reporting requirements and RTI, they pretty much know who is working for which agency and via which tax vehicle within one month of the contract starting (or thereabouts) so it would be logical for them to ask for a declaration of status within the same period - then they have all the pieces of the jigsaw in one go. Just a thought
    Pretty well spot on there I think. No need to bother the end client with collection; the agency can do it fairly easily as part of the supply service. Presumably they will need to deduct a little from the invoiced value to pay for it all, but they've got to make a living.............

As a matter of interest, who will be liable for the Employer NI contributions?

Comment

Sorry if this is a KUATB but Leaked IR35 plan to hit PSC contractors 'confirmed' :: Contractor UK
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Still sounds like quite a bit, including effective from date, is up in the air. So I'll wait for 25 Nov before drawing any conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          Still sounds like quite a bit, including effective from date, is up in the air. So I'll wait for 25 Nov before drawing any conclusions.
          I think you're right

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I think you're right
            Besides, General is there for the end of the world, headless chicken panicking.

Comment

So as long as we pass an online test no client payroll... but if that online tests is as sensible as the business entity tests then we're still doomed.

Comment

Looks like they are actually go ahead with this then

Comment

Originally posted by javadude View Post
                  So as long as we pass an online test no client payroll... but if that online tests is as sensible as the business entity tests then we're still doomed.
                  The test will be worse the BET, as it will include SDC which will be all but impossible to pass!

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                    Looks like they are actually go ahead with this then
                    Note the ' ' around 'confirmed'

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Note the ' ' around 'confirmed'
                      Theirs too much noise on this for it to go away. Either way we look at it a lot of us have some testing times coming our way!

Comment

Working...
                      X