• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS issues with 'rip off' agencies and expensive agency workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gables View Post
    I already said that
    I was going to say that was psychos best post for a while
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      oops

Still it's an encouraging sign from PC :-)

Comment

just need a nurse to jump ship the day before his big op - it's her professional right after all
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

oops

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          just need a nurse to jump ship the day before his big op - it's her professional right after all
          Obviously, whether its a big op, or not, depends on the size of his appendage
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Most nursing assignments are short term (like for one shift etc) rather than months like this so not relevant. A lot of the time the NHS employer will phone agency to ask for nurse later that day or next day. Often its caused by illness or surprisingly holidays when there are just not enough staff.

Point being - people will still moan that it costs a lot of money but, newsflash, this sort of availability costs money.

But then they'd also be the first to moan if they got told, sorry we've cancelled your op, we dont have enough of a budget to cover this sickness in perm staff, and we know you've got an issue with wasting money on agency so we know you'd want us to do this. Yeh right.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              If he stays off the topic of contracting he can actually make some sense sometimes.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                If he stays off the topic of contracting he can actually make some sense sometimes.
                Aw I'm getting a bit of a warm and fuzzy feeling now
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Does she get a pension and sick pay?

One of my sister-in-laws has had to take early medical retirement due to injury from the job, and another was of sick for 2 months. The sickness was due to failures in primary care.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Does she get a pension and sick pay?

One of my sister-in-laws has had to take early medical retirement due to injury from the job, and another was of sick for 2 months. The sickness was due to failures in primary care.
                    Only entitled to statutory sick/maternity pay, but have the same final salary pension scheme as permanent staff (accruals are pro-rated If you work less than 37 hours per week).

It works well in our situation, as I have to move a lot for new roles so she can just join the bank in whatever area we move to and doesn't have to bother with interviews for permanent jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Actuary View Post
                      Only entitled to statutory sick/maternity pay, but have the same final salary pension scheme as permanent staff (accruals are pro-rated If you work less than 37 hours per week).

It works well in our situation, as I have to move a lot for new roles so she can just join the bank in whatever area we move to and doesn't have to bother with interviews for permanent jobs.
                      With the decrease in stress and as long as you have a partner who earns a decent amount, then they are asking for people not to go permanent.

Then again I've heard stories of permanent NHS nursing staff, due to the lack of nursing staff, telling the managers that I can't go into work with problems ranging from real family problems, being really ill and stress related conditions. Anything else is stamped on. This means if you have a sick child, even if the child is in hospital, the parent has to swap shifts.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X