• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you written to your MP yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Because IPSE twunts like you took the p1ss out of retro tax lot. I was a PCG forum member then and the threads started to have a go at those in trouble astonished me.

No they are coming for you too. HMRC say you are a tax evader. Not nice is it?

Avoidance is avoidance. Evasion is evasion. I would prefer it if we could keep on the same side. But your choice to walk away.

And anyway, it will do you no good. HMRC run the government. If you are ever ready to go for f4j tactics then you will get somewhere.

HTH BISDI.

<mod snip>
    Well that's bollocks based on a membership lasting all of three days and not actually making any kind of case for your position. But what do I know: I was on your side until you decided the world had to bow down to you and you raised a formal complaint against me on the day you joined, which was dismissed out of hand as having no basis.

There's also a subtle difference between a comparatively small number (10k or so?) getting hit with an unfair tax demand after the event and something that has the potential to kill off a whole f***ing industry.

So nice rant but you are getting increasingly irrelevant.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Well that's bollocks based on a membership lasting all of three days and not actually making any kind of case for your position. But what do I know: I was on your side until you decided the world had to bow down to you and you raised a formal complaint against me on the day you joined, which was dismissed out of hand as having no basis.

There's also a subtle difference between a comparatively small number (10k or so?) getting hit with an unfair tax demand after the event and something that has the potential to kill off a whole f***ing industry.

So nice rant but you are getting increasingly irrelevant.
      I lasted a year with PCG. I had to change my forum username due to being personally hounded.

I thought you were on my side until you started the thread getting pleasure out of our plight.

It was only 2k of us. And I agree it will kill off contracting. But that is what the government want. We were just the thin end of the wedge.

We are all becoming irrelevant now. We can argue with HMRC. But they will hit us with an APN and deduct the money from our bank accounts.

Pity you can't see what is happening behind the scenes with NTRT TAA.

Comment

FYI -

Easy to write to your MP here : https://www.writetothem.com/

IPSE template letter here: http://www.ipse.co.uk/sites/default/...%20Budget.docx

Always better to edit the template to make it personal.
        Last edited by Lewis; 14 August 2015, 11:57.

Comment

This isn't about making IPSE or anyone else happy. Just because IPSE suggest it (as do others) and you may not like IPSE, doesn't mean it's automatically a bad idea. My post here is nothing to do with making IPSE happy, it's to try and get people who may not have otherwise bothered to think about it, for all our sakes, whether you love, hate, or are indifferent to IPSE.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Depends if enough MPs see it as a threat to the country's stability.

Personally I don't like the IPSE letter due to the examples they use and making a fuss over dividend tax, as no one gives a **** about those in banking but people like having their lights on and get on decent trains that run on time.

Oh and while you may not like IPSE what have you got against Lisa and eek?
            MP's won't see anything as a threat to stability unless they're told to by their respective Whip's offices. Getting letters from contractors about what they will interpret as tax avoidance won't gain any sympathy or interest, none of them has any interest in the argument that MP's expenses are treated differently as that would endanger their place at that specific trough.

I can't see any reason to LIKE IPSE, it's proven to be faithless, toothless and to condone obnoxious, arrogant behaviour.

I have nothing against Eek, we share a lot of the same opinions and attitudes, I've filled in his questionnaire too (thought it was MUCH better put together than the IPSE one).
            I've nothing against Lisa either, she's posted consistently solid advice and information and has asked for info in General which I've responded to.

Comment

I've written to my MP. I don't know whether it will do any good, but it's made me feel like I've done something. I wrote my own version, but referred to the ipse template to make sure I'd covered everything in there that seemed relevant. I also left out dividend tax - as my old granny used to say, don't dilute a strong argument with a weak one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                FYI -

Easy to write to your MP here : https://www.writetothem.com/

IPSE template letter here: http://www.ipse.co.uk/sites/default/...%20Budget.docx

Always better to edit the template to make it personal.
                That template doesn't seem to exist
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  That template doesn't seem to exist
                  works for me - you probably have to be logged in on ipse.co.uk first

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                    works for me - you probably have to be logged in on ipse.co.uk first
                    They seem to be having issues with their login, presumably due to the updated website. I can see the forums, but I cannot access "my IPSE"; the login just returns to the home page, with the login still visible when using FireFox. Using IE, there's a fatal error

Comment

+1 seems to be broken
                      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                      X