• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you written to your MP yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory MP (or more likely his minions) replied to me.

As I suspected he was more interested in T&S than other issues especially as I used phrases like "skills shortage" and" flexible work force". He will forward my letter to the Treasury.

I sent my letter using "writetothem.com" and he took about a day to reply.

I did get a more in depth reply but I suspect anyone who sends the standard IPSE letter will now be getting his standard response on the issue.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 16 August 2015, 12:17.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Tory MP (or more likely his minions) replied to me.

As I suspected he was more interested in T&S than other issues especially as I used phrases like "skills shortage" and" flexible work force". He will forward my letter to the Treasury.

I sent my letter using "writetothem.com" and he took about a day to reply.

I did get a more in depth reply but I suspect anyone who sends the standard IPSE letter will now be getting his standard response on the issue.

Out of office from mine, with a

"Please note that if your email is part of a 38 Degrees or other lobby group campaign you will not receive a further response and should consult my website for my position on the issues raised by those computer-generated mass write-ins."

My letter is very different (and differently structured) to the IPSE one, but I did lift the odd phrase. Took me a fair while to write it, so will be a bit pissed off if I get nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

"Please note that if your email is part of a 38 Degrees or other lobby group campaign you will not receive a further response and should consult my website for my position on the issues raised by those computer-generated mass write-ins."

My letter is very different (and differently structured) to the IPSE one, but I did lift the odd phrase. Took me a fair while to write it, so will be a bit pissed off if I get nothing.
        I don't blame the MPs which is why I personalised mine and made T&S the main issue.

If your MP doesn't respond and they are on social media use it to embarrass them.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Just checked his website.

He covers bees, assisted dying, mayfair tax loophole, hunting and backstreet breeding (??), not IR35

Comment

I wrote quite a few weeks back and here is the reply for interest...

Thankyou for your email.
            I appreciate your concerns and have a,ready written to the Chamcellor about the dividends change .
            I will send you his reply when received and then consider whether I need to write to him further and more widely regarding your email
            I hope that is acceptable to you . I set up and ran a small business for twenty five years and know how hard it is -and that we live on the margins .

We'll see if I get a reply or in fact whether it makes a difference, but there is no point sitting and moaning if you don't ask or get involved is my moto.
            Two and a half miles, straight down !!

Comment

I wrote to David Gauke on Monday of last week - am still awaiting an acknowledgement
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                I suppose you do all realise that if you write to your MP about a matter that is effectively down to a minister, they will have to pass the letter on for an answer. They won't answer it themselves, since they are neither authorised or informed enough to do so. And if they do, then write back and explain why you aren't satisfied with their answer.

So a few thousand forwarded letters from across the country all landing on Gauke's desk will make something of a point. Therefore the more that write to their MPs, the more effective everyone's campaigning will be and the more the point is made that this is a disaster in the making.

One thing is certain; whining impotently on here about ineffective MPs won't achieve anything. We - or rather you - have to use the system
                Been there, done it. Gauke is an arrogant bastard who won't give a tulip.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  Been there, done it. Mal is an arrogant bastard who won't give a tulip.
                  FTFY

On a serious note, let them waste their time. If you see a fisherman casting out their line into a dried up riverbed, just throw bread to the ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    FTFY

On a serious note, let them waste their time. If you see a fisherman casting out their line into a dried up riverbed, just throw bread to the ducks.
                    Yep, being so involved with NTRT, I know that real democracy does not exist.

As I've always said, HMRC won't rest until they've brought everyone into the PAYE net and ruined the freelance IT industry.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I blame the BN66 lot for giving the rest of us a bad name and putting us on HMRC's radar.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X