• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fibre internet questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Hope not, it was very definitely free when I took in on. Have it on sky box too.

Gonna check tho!
    I think that is free it is the HD streaming service which is not....

possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

possibly?
      Actually thinking about it you're probably right, just the picture is so much better than Sky Go on the Mac (when it worked) I assumed it was HD - looked great in full screen on the 27" iMac.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        SL is pretty nifty in my experience... Netflix uses it and has probably the nicest HD streaming.
        Yeah I think lovefilm does or used to as well and I've found that to be excellent. The bitrate of the stream matters far more.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

possibly?
          My bill says:

BT Sport Pack

4 Mar - 3 Jun 14

Show Details

£0.00

BT Sport HD Pack

4 Mar - 3 Jun 14

This is the cost of your BT Sport HD Pack at £0.00 a month, charged in
          advance from 4 Mar 2014 to 3 Jun 2014

£0.00

Comment

If your lucky enough to be able to get Hyperoptic.com service - they offer symmetric DSL - up to 1Gbs in both directions.....and that's not a typo.

I've spent the last 11months petitioning the building owners, the building management company and my MP. The landlord has been supportive all the way.

It finally looks like the contract is going to be signed - and I can't wait.

BT were a compete waste of time - they simply ignored my letters, and only responded to my MPs letters on the third occasion and they then admitted that they had no intention of even looking until at least 2017.

I live in Romford and 1 to 2MBs is useless for anything except basic email.

Thank god for companies like Hyperoptic.

Regards

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by george99 View Post
              If your lucky enough to be able to get Hyperoptic.com service - they offer symmetric DSL - up to 1Gbs in both directions.....and that's not a typo.
              That's what I'm on right now, it's great!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by george99 View Post

I live in Romford and 1 to 2MBs is useless for anything except basic email.

[email protected]
                I get .7mb and I'm able to use Office365, Skype, use SVN repositories. I can even watch YouTube and most online content. Okay so it buffers sometimes, but to say that 2Mbps is "useless for anything except basic email" is simply not true.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  I get .7mb and I'm able to use Office365, Skype, use SVN repositories. I can even watch YouTube and most online content. Okay so it buffers sometimes, but to say that 2Mbps is "useless for anything except basic email" is simply not true.
                  A friend of mine has similar and manages to work from home doing Oracle development with very few problems. Not ideal, but it us workable.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    WHS. For basic email, you'd get by with a 300 baud modem.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      WHS. For basic email, you'd get by with a 300 baud modem.
                      I ran a BBS over a 14.4k baud modem once. I ran it inside a DOS box on WIndows 3.1. LOL
                      Lucky I had the second line in the house all to myself.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X