• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fibre internet questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    As I said earlier, they told me to go if I wanted to go, when I tried that.
    Sound like insurance sales people.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I got BT fttc put in start of this year - go the 38M unlimited and generally got 40 down and 10 up

perfectly adequate for my needs.

Also be aware of this 'free' BT Sport - you get access to a non HD online streaming service and when I say non HD I mean at best it is not even standard definition - I was watching a game on my laptop and you could not actually make out which player was which.

And to top it off in the corner it says BT Sport HD so they are actually putting effort into reducing the picture quality.

Unless I am doing it wrong but it just seems a big gimmick when you compare what you get for 'free' with what the adverts imply you will get.

Oh yes it is all in the small print mind you!

I can upgrade to BT sports HD for £3 per month which I may do for the coming season

Still feel a bit ripped off

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        I got BT fttc put in start of this year - go the 38M unlimited and generally got 40 down and 10 up

perfectly adequate for my needs.

Also be aware of this 'free' BT Sport - you get access to a non HD online streaming service and when I say non HD I mean at best it is not even standard definition - I was watching a game on my laptop and you could not actually make out which player was which.

And to top it off in the corner it says BT Sport HD so they are actually putting effort into reducing the picture quality.

Unless I am doing it wrong but it just seems a big gimmick when you compare what you get for 'free' with what the adverts imply you will get.

Oh yes it is all in the small print mind you!

I can upgrade to BT sports HD for £3 per month which I may do for the coming season

Still feel a bit ripped off
        The free BT sport deal they did last summer was free BT Sport 1&2HD and EPSN HD through Sky, not the streaming service. It's likely they'll do the same again this summer before the football season starts to get people to switch their broadband and line rental from Sky.

Comment

I've not found this TBH, it's not super pristine but it's perfectly watchable. The quality of ITV european coverage is usually worse. The bitrate is quite low compared to satellite but that's true of streaming services generally. A lot depends on the quality of the feed they are working with, particularly for foreign games where they are typically going to be paying for satellite bandwidth the quality might be quite low to start with and even if it isn't there will be some loss involved in recompressing it for streaming.
          Last edited by doodab; 28 May 2014, 12:17.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

yeah maybe it is just me....

however if I go to wysiwyg tv and watch an erm 'illegal' BT stream it is better quality.

and the quality on the mobile app is better as well!

Comment

yeah maybe it is just me....
              Hmm. I'd blame silverlight. I haven't tried the mobile app TBH I just watch it in my office on the desktop.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I have Infinity unlimited and BT Sports is HD for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  I have Infinity unlimited and BT Sports is HD for me.
                  you sure you are not paying an extra £3 per month?

Linky

Comment

you sure you are not paying an extra £3 per month?

Linky
                    Hope not, it was very definitely free when I took in on. Have it on sky box too.

Gonna check tho!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Hmm. I'd blame silverlight. I haven't tried the mobile app TBH I just watch it in my office on the desktop.
                      SL is pretty nifty in my experience... Netflix uses it and has probably the nicest HD streaming.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X