• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companies that will build a website/platform from my idea's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companies that will build a website/platform from my idea's

I can't divulge anything at this point as it would put my idea public, but are there any companies that could take my idea (wireframes, requirements etc.) and build a website/platform to my specification?

I have an idea for a competitor to a site I'm currently using that would improve user experience and security but I'm not competent enough myself to get it off the ground.

I don't have masses of money to throw at this, but it doesn't have to be all-singing-all-dancing when it goes live.

If anybody has any idea's, or you might be interested yourself, drop me a message via PM and we'll exchange details.

Jonathan.

Originally posted by ThomserveBAS View Post
    I can't divulge anything at this point as it would put my idea public, but are there any companies that could take my idea (wireframes, requirements etc.) and build a website/platform to my specification?

I have an idea for a competitor to a site I'm currently using that would improve user experience and security but I'm not competent enough myself to get it off the ground.

I don't have masses of money to throw at this, but it doesn't have to be all-singing-all-dancing when it goes live.

If anybody has any idea's, or you might be interested yourself, drop me a message via PM and we'll exchange details.

Jonathan.
    I will do it for £400 per day.
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Don't mean to be rude but from your post, you don't exactly strike me as a grab the bull by the horns go-getting start-up type. So if you're looking to build a competitor to something that's already out there, I'm not currently fancying your chances.

Having said that, I'll do it for 399 a day, just to undercut my competitor above

Comment

People who say "I don't mean to be..." are almost certainly being what they are excusing themselves as not being...

I posted here, on a couple of other sites I use and contacted a couple of consultancies to cover all bases - I thought people might have constructive idea's, apparently not.

Thanks for your input though guys.

Comment

People who say "I don't mean to be..." are almost certainly being what they are excusing themselves as not being...

I posted here, on a couple of other sites I use and contacted a couple of consultancies to cover all bases - I thought people might have constructive idea's, apparently not.

Thanks for your input though guys.
          To be fair you haven't given that much information to entice anyone. I've got my own private projects and I would imagine that a lot of others on here are working on their own plan b or upping their skills. So rather than hit out about not being constructive what about a bit more information.

What kind of split are you looking at, 50/50? From the sounds of it you have an idea and some industry knowledge but the donkey work will need to be done by someone else. What are you offering? Bare in mind the average developer here is charging 6-10k a month (based on my experience).

Is this going to be a new limited company, are you going to pay for that and ongoing accountancy fees? What about hosting, are you paying for that?

What kind of revenue are you looking at? What about SEO and marketing, do you have experience in that? Or does this idea not need that?

Does this idea require taking payments? Are you going to setup a business/merchant account? Do you have any ideas about payment providers, suggestions? Have you contacted any to see if they are willing to even give you a merchant account. Is paypal sufficient?

I'm not being picky, but if you provide more information just to show your serious about this then you may get a serious response.

Anyway, 398 per day and you can have me.
          Last edited by woohoo; 9 March 2014, 18:10.

Comment

The best way to find a well-suited webshop is simply to find a website that has a similar scale and functionality to what you need, and look at the small print at the bottom to see who made it. Obviously this doesn't work if the site you pick on was owner-developed!

Comment

If you don't know much about websites it would pay to do a bit of research so you can at least recognise who has the skills you need and ask the right questions. There are an awful lot of website people out there out who can knock up something that looks good and are probably great for 90% of small businesses but they are stuffed when trying anything complex.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My free advice to you is drop it and keep milking whatever you are successfully doing at the moment.
                It is a free advice but far from worthless and I could easily bet you on it and win.

I designed/coded an asynchronous web messaging platform with various cool features like code generation last weekend with a couple of colleagues.
                Yet I am still not going to push my 'next WhatsApp' as PlanB.
                When you factor the risk/reward factor and other non-technical bits such as access to finance and PR, it's simply not worth it and it seems you are not bringing in much in anyway - ideas and talk are cheap.
                Also the reward curve is shifted into that fuzzy 'future' thing that no one can predict,so I really don't get why so many people get sucked into that silliness that is broadly called the startup culture.

Comment

are there any companies that could take my idea (wireframes, requirements etc.) and build a website/platform to my specification?
                  Virtually every software/web-dev company in the world... "I want a website" has to be the commonest demand in IT?

I have a web-dev guy I've used for plan B and subcontracted work to but without knowing what you're after - website Vs web-based application for instance, I've no idea.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Good ideas for websites.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X