• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iphone 4s - Can't hear other party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iphone 4s - Can't hear other party

My son has just bought an iphone 4s and says that if he calls someone, he can only hear them on hands free, if he turns hands free off, the 3rd party is really quiet. What does he need to do (I personally have no interest in iphones and just hate apple with a passion)

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    My son has just bought an iphone 4s and says that if he calls someone, he can only hear them on hands free, if he turns hands free off, the 3rd party is really quiet. What does he need to do (I personally have no interest in iphones and just hate apple with a passion)
    Turn up the volume?

Comment

I wondered that but it's ok on hands free

Comment

sell it and get one of the many phones which are available, which work, which have standard connectors, which have an OS which allows you to actually use it how you want to and which does not make the user look like a douchbag hipster?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          sell it and get one of the many phones which are available, which work, which have standard connectors, which have an OS which allows you to actually use it how you want to and which does not make the user look like a douchbag hipster?
          look at what I types in brackets

Comment

yeah sorry!!

and probably no need for my post either...

as to your problem - no idea but I have heard of many similar problems on the iphone - can you seriously not tempt your son with a 'droid phone?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              yeah sorry!!

and probably no need for my post either...

as to your problem - no idea but I have heard of many similar problems on the iphone - can you seriously not tempt your son with a 'droid phone?
              I did try to tell him.

I have a Nexus 4

Comment

go to an apple shop and get it replaced.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                  I wondered that but it's ok on hands free
                  The volume has different levels depending whether it's on normal or headphones, so it might have another level for speakerphone.

Comment

OK...how do you do that for using the device? (I need to tell him over the phone)

Comment

Working...
                    X