• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone into telephones?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone into telephones?

My recently deceased father once worked in electronics and telephones. Going through his stuff, I conservatively estimate he has 400 old GPO phones (200, 300 series, trimphones) as well as a working telephone exchange in the shed which he had connecting to other exchanges via VOIP! Also switches, tone generators, and who knows what else...

Just wondered if anyone here would like me to post some of the photos when I get them sorted out?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    My recently deceased father once worked in electronics and telephones. Going through his stuff, I conservatively estimate he has 400 old GPO phones (200, 300 series, trimphones) as well as a working telephone exchange in the shed which he had connecting to other exchanges via VOIP! Also switches, tone generators, and who knows what else...

Just wondered if anyone here would like me to post some of the photos when I get them sorted out?
    The Register might be interested - they often run stories on old tech.
    They pay as well unlike CUK
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Did the use of Trimphones cause cancer? Or did I dream that one?

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Yes, I'd like to see that and so would my dad I expect. Is the exchange a mechanical one?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

A coincidence, I was looking at this website yesterday for something: The Old Telephone Company. Exclusively antique and old telephones.. Maybe you could make a few bob?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Love to see them

Also donating the older ones to

Telephone Museum - About Us
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thanks for the links! I've a bunch of photos but need to get around to sorting them out. Will post here and maybe PM those who expressed an interest when I do.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X