• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

O2 broadband bought by $ky...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 broadband bought by $ky...

Been with O2 BB for a while now and once I had my router sorted (updated firmware drivers/using master socket, etc) I have had a pretty stable connection, not great speed but not poor either, nice that I can surf while the wife can use iPlayer at same time.

So $ky has bought them, got a call from them last night and they said if I wanted to continue I would have to take their line rental at extra cost. I use BT for my calls, etc. but not heard of this before.

Anyone else had this? Would rather move than give Murdoch any money.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Found this, if it helps. Interesting article anyways.
    Sky's O2 broadband deal could signal dark clouds | Money | The Guardian

Sky ... says it will be honouring the terms of all current O2 contracts... Once all the old O2 contracts have expired Sky plans to have every phone/broadband customer paying the same, with customers coming off their existing O2 contract automatically being offered the equivalent Sky deal

Comment

Cheers, I will have a look at that. I wasn't on a contract i.e. mine had expired but O2 were happy for me to continue on it.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        Cheers, I will have a look at that. I wasn't on a contract i.e. mine had expired but O2 were happy for me to continue on it.

qh
        Free SkyTV and Broadband for a year for O2 Customers - Hot UK Deals

I expect a pint for this
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Cheers but I prob going to plus net. I'm such a snob, can't be doing with one of those nasty dishes on the front of the house.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            That's what we got, though I think you need a special code (we got one emailed when they explained what was happening). Just had the installation on SkyTV today, broadband switching in a week or so.

I did like that we got a letter from Sky saying "we're sorry you're leaving", evidently the O2 automated letters are now using Sky branding...

Free dish & Sky+ box (which we can keep for free channels), free SkyTV & catchup service, free broadband, for £14.50/month line rental (which includes some free calls).
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Quite.

That's why my dish is in the box room, looking out through the window.
              Sounds like a novel way of getting round the bedroom tax!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Can u get Sky if you've already got sky (own box and disk) and not take Sky BB? I have 02 moby contract - 7 phones - don't ask!

Comment

RIP BeThere.

It was great when it started - one of the first, if not the first, large scale ADSL 2 deployment with truly unlimited stuff.

Sky is tulip - as soon as BT Infinity is available locally I'll drop them like a stone.

Comment

I'm with Xilo (a Be reseller).

What will happen to these guys I wonder
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X