• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domain Name Registration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domain Name Registration

Morning all.

Can anyone recommend a DNR / web hosting service? I've heard the likes of 1-2-3 and GD have had large network and security issues recently and was just looking for a view from other users.

Many thanks.
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

I use VidaHost for all of mine now.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post

GE
      I use namecheap for day to day stuff. I do however have a few domain hack ones registered in weird places because its the easiest solution.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've used Easily.co.uk for the last ten years or so. Fine for general purpose hosting; only remember one outage of an hour or so in that time. Customer service has been good, though I've almost never needed it.

Comment

GE
          +1 for Vidahost. Great support.

Comment

GE
            Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
            +1 for Vidahost. Great support.
            +2
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              +2
              +3 excellent service.

Comment

Best in the .co.uk market at the minute IMO is domainmonster:
                Domain Names | Web Hosting | Website Builder | Domainmonster.com

Control panel for DNS editing is good, no outages on any of the domains I have with them, they are part of the 123-Reg group so should be no worries of them going pop.

I used to recommend Easily too but they are too expensive now, almost verging on rip-off prices. But unless you have hundreds of domains then quibbling about a couple of quid per year per domain is rather pointless.

Comment

Cheers for the heads up on Vidahost, they look interesting! Will chuck a few domains at them shortly and see what they are like.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    +3 excellent service.
                    +4
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X