• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Surface

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For coding on the move, I'd have thought a Macbook Air or ultrabook would be a better compromise of performance/usability/portability personally - have you tried any of them out?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have a feeling this will be the start of the end for Microsoft. Too little to late has never been a more appropriate phrase for Microsoft and the mobile/tablet market. Apple and Google had sewn up the market long ago and this abortive effort by the behemoth can only be seen as a desperate last effort after their failings with the Kin (ha), the Zune (ha ha), Windows 7 mobile (ha ha ha). The sales figures will be released shorty and the jettisoning of the top man a few weeks ago is a hint that those figures will be pathetically low. The iPad mini and the Nexus on the other hand will become ubiquitous (christmas gifts), and herald a new dawn in personal computing.

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
        The iPad mini and the Nexus on the other hand will become ubiquitous (christmas gifts), and herald a new dawn in personal computing.
        I don't think the iPad mini will become ubiquitous by Christmas. I can't find the two I need for love nor money (and that includes being extra nice to the two apple store managers I know).
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I don't think the iPad mini will become ubiquitous by Christmas. I can't find the two I need for love nor money (and that includes being extra nice to the two apple store managers I know).
          The fact you can't find them, would for me, be a indication that they are selling unbelievably well.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            For coding on the move, I'd have thought a Macbook Air or ultrabook would be a better compromise of performance/usability/portability personally - have you tried any of them out?
            WHS. Each to their own of course, but I can't imagine being able to do any useful work on a 10" tablet with ZX81 keyboard. My 15" laptop is my main development machine, and I don't have any trouble lugging that around when I need to.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
              I have a feeling this will be the start of the end for Microsoft. Too little to late has never been a more appropriate phrase for Microsoft and the mobile/tablet market. Apple and Google had sewn up the market long ago and this abortive effort by the behemoth can only be seen as a desperate last effort after their failings with the Kin (ha), the Zune (ha ha), Windows 7 mobile (ha ha ha). The sales figures will be released shorty and the jettisoning of the top man a few weeks ago is a hint that those figures will be pathetically low. The iPad mini and the Nexus on the other hand will become ubiquitous (christmas gifts), and herald a new dawn in personal computing.
              Microsoft already aren't as dominant as they once were. But in your list of failed products also remember there was the XBox; all the experts predicted MS had come too late and could never succeed in the games console market. They also came late to the internet, and after a few years had the dominant browser.

It's certainly interesting times. Of course for us software engineers, having several different incompatible platforms just means more work and money for us.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
              X