• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had enough of Virgin Media - anyone got any recommendations for good ISPs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet has collapsed for 5 days so far in my area. Virgin claim too many people for the cable - FFS!
    Last year, in a different area, I was told not to watch HD movies in the evening as there was too much demand!
    Had enough of these jokers.
    Sadly they're the only cable provider in our area, but I'm happy to not use cable if I get a reasonable, usable, reliable internet connection.
    Any suggestions for good ISPs?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Be

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Be
      Was fantastic, I am on their old legacy package, quality is dropping recently
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

O2 has been good for us, they and plusnet are both high up the customer satisfaction list as are be and zen.

Are you able to get and interested in fibre?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The Virgin saga continues. They said all issues would be resolved by 31 Oct.
          Internet continues to be slow/unusable so rang up their crappy help desk and spoke to Bob.
          New fix date is 15 November apparently.
          And you have to listen to the most irritating, drawling female voice when going through their menu.

So I've learned a big lesson: cable is not necessarily quicker than ADSL , after all with the latter you're getting (sort of) your own dedicated line.

So its Sky for me - dumping Virgin at end of contract in December. Luckily it was a 6 month contract which they begged us to take when we threatened to leave last time they were crap.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            The Virgin saga continues. They said all issues would be resolved by 31 Oct.
            Internet continues to be slow/unusable so rang up their crappy help desk and spoke to Bob.
            New fix date is 15 November apparently.
            And you have to listen to the most irritating, drawling female voice when going through their menu.

So I've learned a big lesson: cable is not necessarily quicker than ADSL , after all with the latter you're getting (sort of) your own dedicated line.

So its Sky for me - dumping Virgin at end of contract in December. Luckily it was a 6 month contract which they begged us to take when we threatened to leave last time they were crap.
            BT for me - loving the 19mb upload. Sky limit to 2mb I think.

I've never had to call BT about my BB since I switched, and believe me I was scared shiitless of going down the BT route. Its been 100% perfect. I was on Be before, so I do value my BB connection, credit where credit's due.

Comment

Issue is that sas lives in a cretinous area. I live in a decent area and Virgin Media are great. Get an outage maybe once every few months for a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Issue is that sas lives in a cretinous area. I live in a decent area and Virgin Media are great. Get an outage maybe once every few months for a couple of hours.
                WBPS

I find Virgin BB (60Mb) ok, and any issues tend to be with my 4+ year old router playing silly bu99ers, a quick reboot and its off and flying again.

Time to get a new router, currently researching.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  It's a well off area, although it may well be cretinous. True I didn't get any outages in Wandsworth.
                  Still, if Virgin are going to take my money they ought to provide a service.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Useless feckers & that bearded twat is the most useless fecker of the lot.
                    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to zeitghost again.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X