• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need to make conference calls from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to make conference calls from home

I'm working from home a lot on my new gig but need dial a UK landline number for conference calls. The client won't pay for these calls so I either need to pay £5pm for unlimited anytime calls or find another solution. Voipcheap at first view looks like I can just download the app, plug in a headset and away I go. Is it really that easy?

Any other solutions?

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    I'm working from home a lot on my new gig but need dial a UK landline number for conference calls. The client won't pay for these calls so I either need to pay £5pm for unlimited anytime calls or find another solution. Voipcheap at first view looks like I can just download the app, plug in a headset and away I go. Is it really that easy?

Any other solutions?
    Its a £5 a month just pay it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yes that is an option.

Talking to my provider though, I can't just pay the £5, I have to take thier broadband as well for another £6.50.

That's £11.50......for another £3, I can have TV too

Comment

sipgate.co.uk

Free number, free incoming calls, get a VoIP phone and connect it up.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
          sipgate.co.uk

Free number, free incoming calls, get a VoIP phone and connect it up.

GE

OK, but why not voipcheap or freecall which appear to be free?

Comment

18866.co.uk or 18185.co.uk - free UK calls but I think there is a small connection fee per call - it was 0.5p but might have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              18866.co.uk or 18185.co.uk - free UK calls but I think there is a small connection fee per call - it was 0.5p but might have changed.

Comment

Are you really that hard up or just from Yorkshire?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Are you really that hard up or just from Yorkshire?
                  I'm looking for the best solution...that doesn't mean I'm hard up. (although I have been on the bench for 6 months)

I might just go for the TalkTalk Youview package which includes free anytime calls. However, a voip solution that I can use over wifi may be a handy parallel solution in case I'm out and about

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                    Are they free tho - might be a small charge here and there and the ones I've listed may not charge anymore.

You've been given plenty of paths to look down but it's DYOR really....

Comment

Working...
                    X