• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need to make conference calls from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Are they free tho - might be a small charge here and there and the ones I've listed may not charge anymore.

You've been given plenty of paths to look down but it's DYOR really....
    ok. cheers

Comment

If it's an 0800 number for the conference call then you can use Skype for free. Mobile networks charge for 0800 connections but Skype doesn't.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
        Yes that is an option.

Talking to my provider though, I can't just pay the £5, I have to take thier broadband as well for another £6.50.

That's £11.50......for another £3, I can have TV too
        What, you don't have a phoneline already then?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          If it's an 0800 number for the conference call then you can use Skype for free. Mobile networks charge for 0800 connections but Skype doesn't.
          need dial a UK landline number

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What, you don't have a phoneline already then?
            Yes and my line rental includes evening and weekend calls but there is no option to take anytime calls.

I have to 'upgrade' to a package that is only line rental (for the same price), then take their Evening and Weekends + broadband package (£6.50) then add anytime calls (£5)

They are still cheaper than elsewhere though. That lot comes to £21 (If I pay a year's line rental up front).

Alternatively, I can take their package that includes all that plus You View and a years subscription to love film for £24 (£50 installation plus 18 month contract)

Comment

I've used PowWowNow and I recommended it, "free" but used 0844 numbers which some pence per min

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                Yes and my line rental includes evening and weekend calls but there is no option to take anytime calls.

I have to 'upgrade' to a package that is only line rental (for the same price), then take their Evening and Weekends + broadband package (£6.50) then add anytime calls (£5)
                Or you could just phone them up - how many calls are we talking here and how long do they last? And what type of phone number - you said "UK landline" but does that mean it's a regular phone number with a geographical area code, or a special number like 0845?

You might want to cost up how much the calls will be, and take into account any "favourite number" discounts.

Alternatively how many free minutes do you get on your mobile phone?

Comment

It's an 020 number which is 7.95p per min. There is an 0844 number which they say is 'about 10p'.

I have taken their all inclusive package now which includes anytime calls, unlimited broadband and Youview TV package all for £23 a month.

I may still look into a voip solution though in case I'm elsewhere what I need to make these calls

Comment

020 should be covered by mobile included package, if it's infrequent.

Comment

We're talking 6 hrs of calls a week, That's what, 1500 mins per month?

Comment

Working...
                      X