• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I need to make conference calls from home"

Collapse

• Punter
    replied
    1899.com works for me.
    5p connection per call and 0p per minute to UK landlines.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    We're talking 6 hrs of calls a week, That's what, 1500 mins per month?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    020 should be covered by mobile included package, if it's infrequent.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    It's an 020 number which is 7.95p per min. There is an 0844 number which they say is 'about 10p'.

I have taken their all inclusive package now which includes anytime calls, unlimited broadband and Youview TV package all for £23 a month.

I may still look into a voip solution though in case I'm elsewhere what I need to make these calls

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    Yes and my line rental includes evening and weekend calls but there is no option to take anytime calls.

I have to 'upgrade' to a package that is only line rental (for the same price), then take their Evening and Weekends + broadband package (£6.50) then add anytime calls (£5)
    Or you could just phone them up - how many calls are we talking here and how long do they last? And what type of phone number - you said "UK landline" but does that mean it's a regular phone number with a geographical area code, or a special number like 0845?

You might want to cost up how much the calls will be, and take into account any "favourite number" discounts.

Alternatively how many free minutes do you get on your mobile phone?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

I've used PowWowNow and I recommended it, "free" but used 0844 numbers which some pence per min

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What, you don't have a phoneline already then?
    Yes and my line rental includes evening and weekend calls but there is no option to take anytime calls.

I have to 'upgrade' to a package that is only line rental (for the same price), then take their Evening and Weekends + broadband package (£6.50) then add anytime calls (£5)

They are still cheaper than elsewhere though. That lot comes to £21 (If I pay a year's line rental up front).

Alternatively, I can take their package that includes all that plus You View and a years subscription to love film for £24 (£50 installation plus 18 month contract)

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    If it's an 0800 number for the conference call then you can use Skype for free. Mobile networks charge for 0800 connections but Skype doesn't.
    need dial a UK landline number

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Yes that is an option.

Talking to my provider though, I can't just pay the £5, I have to take thier broadband as well for another £6.50.

That's £11.50......for another £3, I can have TV too
    What, you don't have a phoneline already then?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    If it's an 0800 number for the conference call then you can use Skype for free. Mobile networks charge for 0800 connections but Skype doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Are they free tho - might be a small charge here and there and the ones I've listed may not charge anymore.

You've been given plenty of paths to look down but it's DYOR really....
    ok. cheers

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    OK, but why not voipcheap or freecall which appear to be free?
    Are they free tho - might be a small charge here and there and the ones I've listed may not charge anymore.

You've been given plenty of paths to look down but it's DYOR really....

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Are you really that hard up or just from Yorkshire?
    I'm looking for the best solution...that doesn't mean I'm hard up. (although I have been on the bench for 6 months)

I might just go for the TalkTalk Youview package which includes free anytime calls. However, a voip solution that I can use over wifi may be a handy parallel solution in case I'm out and about

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Are you really that hard up or just from Yorkshire?

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    18866.co.uk or 18185.co.uk - free UK calls but I think there is a small connection fee per call - it was 0.5p but might have changed.
    OK, but why not voipcheap or freecall which appear to be free?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X