• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting around a locked down PC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Frankly if they are this tied down on access then plugging in any unauthorised kit, active or not, is going to get you in hot water. The commercial world is finally waking up to this stuff and actually implementing real control over their environments. It's only taken 10 years of being shouted at by people like me to do it, but they are finally getting the point that not doing it will cost them more on their bottom line in the long run.

If you don't like working in that environment, get a gig elsewhere. Otherwise learn to live with it, because it is going to become the norm. Is it worth pissing off a client that has brought you back again and again, just because it's a bit inconvienient for you.
    Christ I would never do this, but I am not the one asking how to circumvent a clients InfoSec
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Christ I would never do this, but I am not the one asking how to circumvent a clients InfoSec
      Wasn't aimed at you Simon, was to the OP and a comment in general about people trying to circumvent security. It used to be seen as a bit of a laugh in the office, these days it will get you fired.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

All I am really wanting to do is mess about with some personal code during the pre releases downtime for a couple of hours a day, not write stuxnet 2 or upload internal databases to the Iranian consulate.

Anyway, ordered a PI and I think I will go with a switch for the keyboard and mouse. Should get a limited dev environment on it.

Comment

Working...
        X