• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need help complying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help complying

I recently landed a pretty cushty gig C++ safety critical system I'm gonna be honest I'm more of a VB guy but if I don't deliver this by the weekend I'm up the creek for sure so any hints guys.

I am getting about 50 billion errors and no matter HOW hard I try I keep getting

c:\users\documents\srn_workspace\native\autopilotd ynamics\steerdynamics.cpp(4011): error C2248: 'srn:::environment::data::Part:oints' : cannot access private member declared in class 'srn::environment::data::Part'

WTF that means so in order to get my code to compile I am replacing
    aileron_correction.Apply(); with an empty line but no difference

This is a joke right?

Friendship and inheritance - C++ Documentation

I'm more of a vbscript man but I know some of this.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Is there any possible chance you could let us know which safety critical system it is you are attempting to work on so that I make a mental note never to use that product again?
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by CodeCobbler View Post
        I keep getting

c:\users\documents\srn_workspace\native\autopilotd ynamics\steerdynamics.cpp(4011): error C2248: 'srn:::environment::data::Part:oints' : cannot access private member declared in class 'srn::environment::data::Part'
        Have you put Option Explicit at the top?

That will fix it - then mjake sure you point out to the permies how brilliant you are and how they can't live without you.

NickFitz - you are deprecated! Hand over you id and f**k off. I am the DADDY now!

Comment

Try this.

Comment

cannot access private member
            get in NorthernLadyUK. (s)he can access any member.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              Is there any possible chance you could let us know which safety critical system it is you are attempting to work on so that I make a mental note never to use that product again?
              Have a close look - it looks like flight control systems. And that, my friends, is why I never fly if I can avoid it. Too many dodgy contractors working on critical systems.
              World's Best Martini

Comment

I recently landed a pretty cushty gig C++ safety critical system I'm gonna be honest I'm more of a VB guy but if I don't deliver this by the weekend I'm up the creek for sure so any hints guys.

I am getting about 50 billion errors and no matter HOW hard I try I keep getting

WTF that means so in order to get my code to compile I am replacing
                aileron_correction.Apply(); with an empty line but no difference
                You need to add the line

aileron_correction.set(0.0 - aileron_correction.get());

and then search and replace the word private with public in all files. That should see you right.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The problem is you are putting smilies in your code
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    The problem is you are putting smilies in your code
                    WHS

Replace the with and it should compile (comply??) perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                    X