• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT infinity thingy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Sky are about to offer it, trailing it now, only 2mb up tho but no BT-style throttling of P2P
    Thats my reason for asking... No other provider interests or rarely match their price.

Zen are my local ISP (Rochdale) but didnt like their customer service years ago, and generally where on the top end of price.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I just applied for my BT Infinity speed upgrade (free!) - it took 12 hours to come through.

I am on fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and I am 700 metes from the cabinet.

I now have 62Mb download with 14Mb upload for £26/month unlimited download cap.

What a result!
      www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

had infinity since the start of the year, was getting around 32mbps download and 9mbps upload

recently though wireless routher has been playing up and only getting 5mbps DL & 7mbps UL resetting it occassionally works, so troubleshooted using wired connectionm, on which i got 78mpbs DL & 18mbps UL

contemplating re-cabling my whole house with cat 6 cables and sockets now

oh and i would def recommend the newsgroups route for DL, have cleaner and faster then any other method

Comment

The house we are moving to in June can get Infinity 2.....

Gonna be a bit of a change from the 1.4MB we've had to live with out in the sticks
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Hi wxman,

Where/how did you apply for the free speed upgrade?

Thanks,
            --Jatinder

Originally posted by wxman View Post
            I just applied for my BT Infinity speed upgrade (free!) - it took 12 hours to come through.

I am on fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and I am 700 metes from the cabinet.

I now have 62Mb download with 14Mb upload for £26/month unlimited download cap.

What a result!

Comment

Loginto bt.com

Under broadband services ther is a link "Upgrade my Broadband"
              www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Working...
              X