• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT infinity thingy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they really rotate the IP often on BT Infinity?

Comment

Make sure you disable WPS (wifi protected setup) on the Homehub as it's vulnerable to wireless hacking attacks. BT have addressed the issue and should be turning WPS off as default on newer models.

Comment

I have unlimited infinity and its great! ..... comming from a 1mb connection

Except for throttling of P2P traffic

whats the best way to get round this throttling ?

css_jay99

Comment

Encrypt your p2p data using uTorrent.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post

css_jay99
            Don't use P2P use Usenet Binary Server like Thundernews along with NZBMAtrix and SabNZB+. You are downloading from an actual server so it's full speed from start to finish and SSL.

Comment

css_jay99
              Seedbox

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
                Encrypt your p2p data using uTorrent.

GE
                I thought that no matter what you do with torrent there is no way you could completely hide from BT the fact you are using torrent hence you will still get throttled. I'll give it a try tonight to see if it works tho

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Seedbox

They seem to be expensive, and I am not so sure I would want to trust them with my card details for re-occuring payments

Originally posted by russell View Post
                Don't use P2P use Usenet Binary Server like Thundernews along with NZBMAtrix and SabNZB+. You are downloading from an actual server so it's full speed from start to finish and SSL.
                these usernet stuff was before my time in IT so have no clue what ist all about. Any chance you can give me some links to get started

css_jay99

Comment

I don't think encryption will stop it, and my seedbox is 9 quid a mo via paypal.

100mb/100mb, no real limits - so bloody quick I think it's not taken the torrent link, when in fact it's already downloaded it before the browser had time to refresh. Then use Transmit (if Mac) to download it from there at full 40mbs.

Or you could use TOR or a VPN?

Usenet (NNTP) is as old as the internet but you'll need a news server such as EasyNews and don't count on getting anything old movie wise, the retention times arent that good.

Comment

I thought that no matter what you do with torrent there is no way you could completely hide from BT the fact you are using torrent hence you will still get throttled. I'll give it a try tonight to see if it works tho

They seem to be expensive, and I am not so sure I would want to trust them with my card details for re-occuring payments

these usernet stuff was before my time in IT so have no clue what ist all about. Any chance you can give me some links to get started

css_jay99
                    You need to pay a monthly subscription to a binary usenet server , I use thunder news, pay using PayPal. The you install sabnzB+ and configure it to point to your server. Now you use nzbmatrix website to search for stuff to download, you simple download the nzb file and open it with San and you are done.

You usually get the last year of uploads but you get old stuff reposted a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      The Soviet 'shelf' toilet, ahh, you get to check your stools before flushing....

Aren't those the norm in present-day Japan?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X