• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Startup Ecommerce website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startup Ecommerce website

hi all,

I am a web developer. My past experience has been developing Ecommerce websites and other web applications using c#, asp.net.

I know how to develop a Ecommerce website however I wanted to know how to go about creating a startup Ecommerce website.

I need someone to give me a step by step guide on how to setup Ecommerce website. The tricky part is the payment/ssl.. does anyone have any ideas? and other one is Data protection Act.. I know hosting companies offer payment but you have to use they web templates and use they e-shop to create your website. The problem with that is I want more control and to develop my own site than use a standard web template to just to design that template. Any help would be a big help.

Thanks

Originally posted by New2011 View Post
    hi all,

I am a web developer. My past experience has been developing Ecommerce websites and other web applications using c#, asp.net.

I know how to develop a Ecommerce website however I wanted to know how to go about creating a startup Ecommerce website.

I need someone to give me a step by step guide on how to setup Ecommerce website. The tricky part is the payment/ssl.. does anyone have any ideas? and other one is Data protection Act.. I know hosting companies offer payment but you have to use they web templates and use they e-shop to create your website. The problem with that is I want more control and to develop my own site than use a standard web template to just to design that template. Any help would be a big help.

Thanks
    Maybe a silly question, but how did you used to develop sites if you didnt know how to set them up??
    you must have come across the various payment gateways surely???

Comment

Don't know why my previous reply was removed, but for payment methods, start with the Paypal API (which is used by every ecommerce package on the market), then look at other common payment gateway processors like Worldpay & Netbanx and obtain their integration guides.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Don't know why my previous reply was removed, but for payment methods, start with the Paypal API (which is used by every ecommerce package on the market), then look at other common payment gateway processors like Worldpay & Netbanx and obtain their integration guides.
        It wasn't. He has started a new thread in Techinical thinking someone will do all the work for him here instead of the business forum.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joeman View Post
          Maybe a silly question, but how did you used to develop sites if you didnt know how to set them up??
          you must have come across the various payment gateways surely???

Yes I did but i worked for a big company and big companies do things in bigger scale and invest heavily on things because they can afford too. Whereas when you start from the bottom you need the minimum to start off. I know theres paypal but not all my customers will have paypal account. So I want other options for my customers like credit card, etc..
          I have worked with credit cards and payments etc in my professional career. But its about security more than anything..

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            It wasn't. He has started a new thread in Techinical thinking someone will do all the work for him here instead of the business forum.
            Cheers NLUK. Maybe I'm not cut out for Forum usage.......
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Cheers NLUK. Maybe I'm not cut out for Forum usage.......
              There is a guide on the right hand side for that!!!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Don't use it personally but Google checkout looks more flexible than Paypal and integrates with most commercial carts.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by New2011 View Post
                  Yes I did but i worked for a big company and big companies do things in bigger scale and invest heavily on things because they can afford too. Whereas when you start from the bottom you need the minimum to start off. I know theres paypal but not all my customers will have paypal account. So I want other options for my customers like credit card, etc..
                  I have worked with credit cards and payments etc in my professional career. But its about security more than anything..
                  You don't need a PayPal payment to pay someone (obviously they need one to receive the money), but you can pay by card without registering an account with PayPal.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    You don't need a PayPal payment to pay someone (obviously they need one to receive the money), but you can pay by card without registering an account with PayPal.
                    WHS. I managed to get something going with C#/ASP and PayPal, mostly by copying their sample. It gave the user a choice of entering card details on my site (which were invisibly authorised via PayPal), or choosing to log onto PayPal to pay (or visit the PayPal website and enter card details there without having to create an account).
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X