• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mac Applications for Contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Applications for Contractors?

Anybody got any good time management applications for Mac?

I've tried logging my weeks in iCal but it's really not suited to logging things like amount of hours worked in a day, expense calculating/recording etc.

Any spreadsheet.
    excel/openoffice/numbers etc

Comment

Code:
      Date | Proj | Hours | Rate | Mileage | Train/Taxi | Total |
      How hard can it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Code:
        Date | Proj | Hours | Rate | Mileage | Train/Taxi | Total |
        How hard can it be?
        Ergh, wanted something with a bit more panache lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NotReallyButSeriously View Post
          Ergh, wanted something with a bit more panache lol.
          Typical techie.... always looking for a pretty solution to a simple problem.

Fine, you can write your own database front end to do exactly the same thing and spend all weekend working out if it works.

Mine does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Typical techie.... always looking for a pretty solution to a simple problem.

Fine, you can write your own database front end to do exactly the same thing and spend all weekend working out if it works.

Mine does.
            Pretty >> Simple.. works well for my choice in females, why can't it work in work lol.

Someone just recommended an app called Billings, going to try it out now.

Comment

SJD have a spreadsheet that will calculate it all for you, including CT, VAT etc. Free download from their website.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Macs support the web.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotReallyButSeriously View Post
                  Pretty >> Simple.. works well for my choice in females, why can't it work in work lol.

Someone just recommended an app called Billings, going to try it out now.
                  Tried Billings, it's not up to much for UK contractors IMO. +1 for the spreadsheet suggestions.

Comment

I use Fanurio: Fanurio - Time tracking software for freelancers

Runs on both Mac and PC so I moved its DB to my NAS so can access it from multiple machines.

Comment

Working...
                    X