• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Macbook Pro?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I bought an hp envy 15 when the first i7 cores came out. I had nothing but issues with it, returning to hp a number of times. I finally gave up and bought a full spec 2.8 mac book two weeks before apple released the new one. When they sent me an email to see how I liked the toy, I pointed out that it would have been nice if they warned me about the new one. Long story short, they replaced it with the new MBP then credited me with a few hundred pounds on a gift card because the new 4gb memory dimm was cheaper than the old stuff.

Try getting HP or Dell to take back your laptop under the same situation...

Just for the record I would have been more than happy to keep the first one. It was blistering fast.
    They've always done that. You get about 3-4 weeks to return something, and then you can buy the latest thing. It's not well publicised though.

Got my 15" a couple of weeks ago - it absolutely flies!

2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
    256GB Solid State Drive
    SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Addanc View Post

Had GNU/Linux on the desktop since about 2000 and it seriously better than WidoZZzzzz.
      Great argument.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

What's the best way of getting a decent Discount on a MBP and still be able to put it through the Co.

Also does anyone know if the £2k VAT flat-rate threshold is for a single invoice or single item? just wondering if I could stick some accessories on there at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
          What's the best way of getting a decent Discount on a MBP and still be able to put it through the Co.

Also does anyone know if the £2k VAT flat-rate threshold is for a single invoice or single item? just wondering if I could stick some accessories on there at the same time.
          The only discount you will get is by claiming it as an educational purchase, paying for it yourself and claiming back on expenses. Apple are fairly tight on checking educational purchases though. You can't order online from their education store unless you are on an ac.uk domain for example.

The £2000 VAT limit is per invoice, so yes, you can get the MacBook and accessories on the same order to bump it over the 2k mark.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

thanks. I've found an Apple reseller (jigsaw24) that offers decent pricing so I may go with them.

Comment

Working...
            X