• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPad on contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPad on contract?

Anyone see if you can get an IPad on a monthly contract in the UK? Don't want to spend £500+ in one go so would rather go for a monthly fee.

I can sell you the 16GB 3G version for £30 per month on 24 month contract with a proper invoice and all.
    Yes that is slightly higher than a retail price, but that's exactly what mobile providers do... so why would you want to do that?

Comment

Can you find somewhere that does traditional hire purchase?
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Buy it on your credit card then shift the balance across to a new card offering 0% on balance transfers over 12 months. Voila.

Bought a car once doing that, was effectively a 0% interest loan over 12 months (assuming you pay it off). I'm sure theres lots of reasons not to do it, but worked for me.

Edited: Or perhaps in these days of financial ruin, the card providers aren't offering such sweet deals as they used to?
        Last edited by Durbs; 9 July 2010, 19:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
          Buy it on your credit card then shift the balance across to a new card offering 0% on balance transfers over 12 months. Voila.

Bought a car once doing that, was effectively a 0% interest loan over 12 months (assuming you pay it off). I'm sure theres lots of reasons not to do it, but worked for me.

Edited: Or perhaps in these days of financial ruin, the card providers aren't offering such sweet deals as they used to?
          Yes they do but they typically will make an upfront charge of say 3% for taking the balance over. So it's not really 0% any more IMHO.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Ipad

Looking at one of these but can't justify it....is there much point if already have an Iphone4? Just seems to be a glorified Iphone without the ability to make calls or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
              Looking at one of these but can't justify it....is there much point if already have an Iphone4? Just seems to be a glorified Iphone without the ability to make calls or am I missing something?
              Your looking at it wrong. You don't care what it does, you care because it is cool!!!!

and anyway, even if it did make calls would you walk around with an ipad up to your ear??
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
                It depends. Do have any documentation that requires instant search functionality say a pdf tax guide?

I've found using an ipad for documentation has been a great way of removing the books that used to litter my desk.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Ipad

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Your looking at it wrong. You don't care what it does, you care because it is cool!!!!
                  True! But how do I justify it to the wife....that's a lot of cash to spend on a gadget that just stores books and all the other functionality is on our Iphones.

I take Eek's point about the PDF's and other tax manuals, that could work, but same stuff that can use a laptop in the office.....or it could be used as a general office library! Nah...still struggling to justify the cost!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    It depends. Do have any documentation that requires instant search functionality say a pdf tax guide?

I've found using an ipad for documentation has been a great way of removing the books that used to litter my desk.
                    I like books. I thought about getting a reader thing for all the pdfs, but only having one page at once is a bit of a limitation IMO.

If and when they can do me an expandable system with 4 or 5 sheets of e paper that all connect wirelessly to a base station they can have a couple of grand but until then the books are winning.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X