• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ten free apps to install on every new PC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Security Essentials

So does this replace anti virus, spybot and ad-aware in one go ?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I must be one of the last few remaining users of Pain Shop Pro (which I'm quite happy with)
      I use Paint Shop Pro 7, though I did install Paint .NET recently because I couldn't work out (or remember) how to do alpha channels properly in PSP. I'm really very bad at learning how to use other people's software.

I use MSE on both machines. I've pretty much not been aware of it, which is good.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        My client PC is all in German, outlook is all mad - what the heck is going on here?
        At work we've got pooled PCs. Some have one version of Outlook for Web which isn't too bad; the others have a version which makes it difficult to find your out box. It's German all the way and finding my way around the latest version of Office is "interesting".

I take my (Mac) laptop in when I want to do some serious mail work (or do it from home).
        Last edited by Sysman; 29 April 2010, 12:19.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Picasa 3: Free download from Google

Is a great photo organiser/editor, good set of touch up tools too.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Ps pad

Keepass

Virtual clone drive

wouldn't be a PC without them.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I use Gimp for graphical work. Stupid Appropriate name for a powerful program with a stupid UI.
              FTFY. Gimp is classic open-source... powerful functionality hidden behind programmer-created interface.

Off-topic a bit, but has anyone noticed MSPaint has been overhauled in Windows7?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Off-topic a bit, but has anyone noticed MSPaint has been overhauled in Windows7?
                yup, although the overhaul looks mainly cosmetic.

Calculator HAS been properly overhauled though, there are some nice features in it now
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                X