• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think avast! v5 just let me down.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I've heard that an update from avast! today has fixed a whole bunch of false positive issues with avast! v5. I'll be replacing my temporary AVG installation with it soon as I know it really has fixed all the issues. Avast! has served me well over the years.
    I'm not surprised by this as Avast has a good reputation.
    It's inevitable that there will be a very rare cockup and they have to correct it, at least they have.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      I'm not surprised by this as Avast has a good reputation.
      It's inevitable that there will be a very rare cockup and they have to correct it, at least they have.
      I agree.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Microsoft Security Essentials FTW!

Had AVG for donkeys after getting sick of Norton's resource hogging. Never had it flag up a sausage.

Tried Microsoft Security Essentials when it first came out (their new free antivirus and antispyware package, successor to Microsoft Defender (iirc)) and it found something straight away. Doesn't seem to hog resources either.

Therefore it's obviously the best free antivirus and spyware package currently available for Windows!
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I've just replaced Avira with Avast! because of the mail option in Avast (you have to pay Avira for the same protection).

Avast! is working great for me.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I've just replaced Avira with Avast! because of the mail option in Avast (you have to pay Avira for the same protection).

Avast! is working great for me.
            I've used it since it came out almost. I have 5 PC's with it installed. The 6th one will have it re-installed once I'm 100% sure the issues are sorted. I think you'll find it is a good free solution.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
            X