• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All-In-One PC or All-In-One Apple Mac

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all !

I've recently bought 10 x Dell all-in-one PCs, they are the 19" ones, they are used for scanning images to them and some video editing (not much) I've also bought a Apple Mac Book pro with an external 26" screen, blue tooth keyboard and magic mouse.

The Mac is a thing of beauty, I use it also for scanning, but lots of video editing, image scanning, and image editing. The images look so much better on the Mac screen than on a PC screen.

For what your doing, I'd go for a Mac, all day long!

The only thing with this Mac is that I used some software that only works on a PC, I know I could run a virtual PC, but thats a bit overkill to run two or three applications.

N5Gooner
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
      The only thing with this Mac is that I used some software that only works on a PC, I know I could run a virtual PC, but thats a bit overkill to run two or three applications.
      Anything in particular? There's a reasonable chance of there being something equivalent for the Mac. One of the good things about the Mac is that there are quite a few smaller software houses turning out really good applications for all kinds of niche areas, and usually only charging around $30 for them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Anything in particular? There's a reasonable chance of there being something equivalent for the Mac. One of the good things about the Mac is that there are quite a few smaller software houses turning out really good applications for all kinds of niche areas, and usually only charging around $30 for them
        There is a click and chat application running on our website, the client only runs on WinTel, not Mac. http://www.clickandchat.com/support-download.html
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

So BB... Did you buy it? Are you in awe and wonder at the shiny new toy?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            So BB... Did you buy it? Are you in awe and wonder at the shiny new toy?
            It is arriving today.

I am sat here is the dark in my pants covered in goosefat waiting to baste in the warmth which is my new IMac (too much info?????)

Will keep you posted.
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
              It is arriving today.

I am sat here is the dark in my pants covered in goosefat waiting to baste in the warmth which is my new IMac (too much info?????)

Will keep you posted.
              I have just received and unpacked it. OMG it is simply awesome.

Sexiest thing since Mrs BB (and she is an ex-ballet dancer) doing the splits.

So pleased.

Next post will be from there.

Buy one now
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

So pleased.

Buy one now

Comment

So pleased.

Buy one now
                  One what?

Oh, one iMac.
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

I am a Machead, on my 24"-er now, gonna replace it with a 27" when the bugs have been ironed out - cracks in screens and all sorts of video breakups I read....

I bought this day one and had issues, locking up - eventually solved but I had three months of not-very-good-usability. GFX firmware, apparently Apple overclocked the GPU, they declocked it with an update and everything has been perfect since.

24" 2.4 Dual, 1TB HDD, 4gb RAM, boxed with all manuals and media - I am box freak! Twenty quid?

Comment

Reminds me of the joke:

'Any man who can drink that much, I'm not fighting...'

Jim Davidson I think.
                      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X