• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free, customisable, SIMPLE issue reporting tool for CLIENT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free, customisable, SIMPLE issue reporting tool for CLIENT

I use tools like bugzilla to manage development tasks for the people I hire. But it's overly complicated (and very ugly) for non-techy people, and I don't want them having access to the development tasks anyway.

The client want a simple tool they can use to log bugs/questions/feature requests that is easy to use and easier to track than sending random emails. I want to have something I can customise a bit - put my logo on and so forth so it looks nice and professional to them.

Anything good? I've used Basecamp but it's not quite what's wanted. The client asked if Drupal could be used but while I don't know much about CMS software, I don't think it's the right choice either.

Suggestions?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

An access database.

Comment

SharePoint site

Comment

I use Trac a lot, and it is extendable (eg tagging, breadcrumbs, account management etc.). Pages are template driven. Python underneath. The whole wiki/ticket/sourcecode integration is really good - although perhaps exposing all that to the client is maybe a bit too much. Still, you can turn stuff off/on easily enough...

http://trac.edgewall.org/

There is also TOW (Trac On Windows) that bundles up Trac, Apache, Subversion for you.

http://traconwindows.wordpress.com/

Comment

we use Jira, it is possible to hide certain bits from the end client
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
            An access database.
            Seen it done, but it would mean bespoke work to make something that looks shabby

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Seen it done, but it would mean bespoke work to make something that looks shabby
              ISTR that you can make access put it's forms out in a webpage?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                ISTR that you can make access put it's forms out in a webpage?
                No idea, but in principle it would be possible... tools like Ruby on Rails essentially auto-generate CRUD pages from a DB IIRC.

Comment

Another vote for Sharepoint - assuming it's already installed or you can grab a spare Windows Server box.

Comment

bugzilla
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X