• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free, customisable, SIMPLE issue reporting tool for CLIENT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it depends on your ide environment. why not write your own? take about 2 hours and it's yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      bugzilla
      Ugleeeee... we use this internally right now and it's just clunky with far too many fields and really horrible query/reporting interface.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Ugleeeee... we use this internally right now and it's just clunky with far too many fields and really horrible query/reporting interface.
        Not going to argue with that.

Most projects I've worked on have just used Excel with regular round table meetings to update issues.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Ugleeeee
          Bugzilla is very customisable, so you can make it as simple as it needs to be.

Personally I like it because not only can you enter/find bugs but you can see a diff of the code changes (providing developers attach a patch file when they fix a bug).

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
            Bugzilla is very customisable, so you can make it as simple as it needs to be.

Personally I like it because not only can you enter/find bugs but you can see a diff of the code changes (providing developers attach a patch file when they fix a bug).
            But the tool I want is primarily customer focused... to let them report stuff and see us discussing it. Internally developers use something more advanced, though if a single solution can do it all that'd be nice.

BaseCamp ticks all the 'idiot-proof' boxes but is unfortunately too limited. Fogbugz seems to offer the 'does everything' boxes but is not cheap, although relative to the cost of hiring developers it is not a great expense.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Have you looked at GetSatisfaction? There seems to be a fair few companies using it (to allow customer/developer interaction). E.g. http://getsatisfaction.com/spotify

Comment

Working...
              X