• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resizing fonts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
    best spend your time on the phone. most folk with any sense (mind you, clients...!!!!!) have html email disabled so your lovingly crafted sig will render in plain text.
    WHS+

Plus there's the problem of testing. Testing a web page with the major browsers is achievable, but there are many more e-mail clients out there.
    Last edited by Sysman; 7 August 2009, 11:21.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      WHS+

Plus there's the problem of testing. Testing a web page with the major browsers is achievable, but there are many more e-mail clients out there.
      Oh, that's a good point. I'd be wary of including anything other than vanilla HTML in email sigs, maybe a little basic CSS but not more than that.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Didn't MS cause lots of problems by changing Outlook from using the IE web control to using the MS Word HTML engine? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

This can't be done in CSS. RH's JavaScript from Cameron Adams' site will work in a web browser, but not in an email client (or at least, not an email client any sane person would use).

You may also be interested in RFC 1855 ("Netiquette Guidelines") section 2.1.1, which states:
          If you include a signature keep it short. Rule of thumb is no longer than 4 lines.

For a long time now, my .sig on Slashdot has said:
          Using HTML for email is like putting sound effects on your phone calls. Just say <em>no</em>.

HTH

Comment

That's a daft idea. When I resize a window it's because I want to be able to fit more text in it. It would be darned frustrating if the text just got bigger to compensate.

Comment

Working...
            X