• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flex Financial (or Financial Flex)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flex Financial (or Financial Flex)?

A knob-head techie at one of the punters is causing problems. I’ve got an e-mailed from my guy asking if I’ve considered using Flex Financials (or it may be called Financial Flex) . I know what Flex is; it’s that stuff from Adobe. However, Google isn’t being of much help here and my guy has gone off somewhere and I don’t know if he’ll be back today.

Has anyone heard of it? Is it some stuff that isn’t known to many people, or is it, as I suspect, Chinese whispers and it’s all a load of tulip? Either way, the answer is, ‘Frak off!”

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Flexifinancials?
    "The FlexiFinancials suite consists of financial accounting modules that can operate independently or seamlessly integrated with each other or other applications."

Comment

It's a bit of an unconventional name, innit?

Cookbookery Accounts.

Dodgy Ledgers.

Rubbery Audit Services.

Flex Financial.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If it is then I'm even more confused.

I think Flex is just the latest flavour to come out of their techie department. They will be off on to something else in a few weeks. I've got more than one punter to worry about so I tell 'em to shove it most of the time.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          It's a bit of an unconventional name, innit?

Cookbookery Accounts.

Dodgy Ledgers.

Rubbery Audit Services.

Flex Financial.
          It's the old accountants gag

Q. What is 2+2
          A. Whatever (Flexi) you want it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            If it is then I'm even more confused.

I think Flex is just the latest flavour to come out of their techie department. They will be off on to something else in a few weeks. I've got more than one punter to worry about so I tell 'em to shove it most of the time.
            Does he mean FlexCube?

I don't know what your software does, but flexcube can be used to present your data pretty much however you want it - a bit like a pivot table in Excel but much shinier.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'm sure that he's got the wrong end of the stick. It was Adobe Flex he was on about, but I think he got blinded by the technobabble from their IT guys.

Anyway, I'm not going to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                It's the old accountants gag

Q. What is 2+2
                A. Whatever (Flexi) you want it to be.
                It's funny, a lot of my fellow maths undergrads when I was a student went on to be accountants and one of them called accountancy "the anti-maths"

Comment

Flex is neat but I'm not aware of any official financial libraries for it... unless he's meaning Flex Charting components?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Murex Flex ?

Comment

Working...
                    X