• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Flex Financial (or Financial Flex)?"

Collapse

• moorfield
    replied
    Murex Flex ?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Flex is neat but I'm not aware of any official financial libraries for it... unless he's meaning Flex Charting components?

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    It's the old accountants gag

Q. What is 2+2
    A. Whatever (Flexi) you want it to be.
    It's funny, a lot of my fellow maths undergrads when I was a student went on to be accountants and one of them called accountancy "the anti-maths"

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I'm sure that he's got the wrong end of the stick. It was Adobe Flex he was on about, but I think he got blinded by the technobabble from their IT guys.

Anyway, I'm not going to use it.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    If it is then I'm even more confused.

I think Flex is just the latest flavour to come out of their techie department. They will be off on to something else in a few weeks. I've got more than one punter to worry about so I tell 'em to shove it most of the time.
    Does he mean FlexCube?

I don't know what your software does, but flexcube can be used to present your data pretty much however you want it - a bit like a pivot table in Excel but much shinier.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    It's a bit of an unconventional name, innit?

Cookbookery Accounts.

Dodgy Ledgers.

Rubbery Audit Services.

Flex Financial.
    It's the old accountants gag

Q. What is 2+2
    A. Whatever (Flexi) you want it to be.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    If it is then I'm even more confused.

I think Flex is just the latest flavour to come out of their techie department. They will be off on to something else in a few weeks. I've got more than one punter to worry about so I tell 'em to shove it most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    It's a bit of an unconventional name, innit?

Cookbookery Accounts.

Dodgy Ledgers.

Rubbery Audit Services.

Flex Financial.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Flexifinancials?
    "The FlexiFinancials suite consists of financial accounting modules that can operate independently or seamlessly integrated with each other or other applications."

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    started a topic Flex Financial (or Financial Flex)?

Flex Financial (or Financial Flex)?

A knob-head techie at one of the punters is causing problems. I’ve got an e-mailed from my guy asking if I’ve considered using Flex Financials (or it may be called Financial Flex) . I know what Flex is; it’s that stuff from Adobe. However, Google isn’t being of much help here and my guy has gone off somewhere and I don’t know if he’ll be back today.

Has anyone heard of it? Is it some stuff that isn’t known to many people, or is it, as I suspect, Chinese whispers and it’s all a load of tulip? Either way, the answer is, ‘Frak off!”

Working...
X