• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Buying Microsoft Office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Microsoft Office

Hi all - what's the cheapest (legal) way to buy M'soft Office ... mainly Word and Excel?

Edit: Home/Student edition at £65 is about the best option I have so far.
    Last edited by ChimpMaster; 4 June 2009, 12:59.

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Hi all - what's the cheapest (legal) way to buy M'soft Office ... mainly Word and Excel?

Not used it much myself, but have you considered Open Office? I believe it's a freeby and has the functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

So you're a student now.

Comment

MS Office 2007 Std £35

http://www.software4students.co.uk/M...7-details.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          It doesn't add anything to the thread, but S4S is where I was going to point you. Bought MS Office Enterprise 2007 from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
            It doesn't add anything to the thread, but S4S is where I was going to point you. Bought MS Office Enterprise 2007 from them.
            But he does say legal. AFAIK, those are academic licensed copies.

Unless your mrs is a teacher, you don't qualify.

Comment

From s4s:

"Who can buy software at Software4Students?

This site is for students and their parents and is intended to supply low-cost software for home use. The licensee of the products is required to be a University, College or School student in the UK."

So I just need to find a student then

Comment

Do you know anyone who works for the NHS? If so you can download a legit copy for £8. You need a valid NHS email acount for it to work.
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Isn`t there a Home/Student version that allows up to five installs??
                  Last edited by spoons; 4 June 2009, 15:26. Reason: spool chucker failure

Comment

ebay - OEM license for ~£100 - I got a couple of Office 2003 licenses that way

student/educational software is not for business use.

I'd avoid Office 2007, otherwise I'd suggest signing up to the Microsoft Action Pack for £199 a year you get all Microsoft's latest software for internal business use.

or is it included in the TechNet subscription ?
                    if so then take a look at this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...scription.html

Comment

Working...
                    X