• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

27" Monitors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wxman View Post
    Why dont you try dual monitors ?
    Indeed, I went for 2 4:3 monitors rather than one big widescreen one (it's quite hard to find decent 4:3 monitors these days I found though).

If I ONLY used my PC for work, I reckon I might get 3 widescreen monitors and turn them all to portrait mode. But that will really not work with watching DVDs or playing games.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd rather have a smaller monitor with the same or greater resolution myself. As soon as I get off the bench I'm upgrading - possibly a 24" 16:9. I will probably keep the current one for a 2nd monitor to have 'youtube' running alongside.
      "take me to your leader"

Comment

A real bugbear I have with BBC IPlayer and dual monitors is that you cannot keep it maximised on one screen and work on the other. It minimises with any key stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          A real bugbear I have with BBC IPlayer and dual monitors is that you cannot keep it maximised on one screen and work on the other. It minimises with any key stroke.
          Get 2 laptops, it's cheaper as well.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Get 2 laptops, it's cheaper as well.
            I like to see the debug of my server on one screen as I work on the program on the other screen.

I do use the laptop for the IPlayer though but then my desk starts to look like mission control.

Comment

Yeah it's annoying. Interestingly, C4's on demand player doesn't have this bug, but I think iPlayer uses different technology for streaming video - most others use the Windows Media Player which is why they're Windows-only while iPlayer works on the Mac.

Comment

I like to see the debug of my server on one screen as I work on the program on the other screen.

I do use the laptop for the IPlayer though but then my desk starts to look like mission control.
                You could remotely debug from one PC to the other, if you were seriously interested in having an iPlayer-friendly setup

Comment

I have two of these http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...dt1&sku=189447

I couldn't fit two of anything wider than them on my desk.

Comment

there is some software that will let you download a BBCiPlayer stream and save it as an .mov then you can watch it via Quick time or on your ipod ect.

The file name is ipdl.exe

pm me and I email it to you.

HTH
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X