• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

neat and light laptop?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by portseven View Post
    What about the HP Mini Note?

Comes with Windows if you want, and about £350, looks classy too IMHO

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx...avigationKey=0
    I seriously wanted to buy one of these as a second unit but a few reviews have said it could do with a more powerful processor.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Dell Vostro 1310, from £229, although being a dell you can customise to fit your pocket/requirements
      I second that. I just bought a Vostro 1310 for my son to lug to school and even with Dual Core processor, dedicated graphics card (he insisted, can't imagine why...), and extended battery pack options it was £440 (inc VAT). It's a neat little package and weighs about 2.1kg. Also the 13" screen has a nice matt finish, it's not one of those shiny ones that reflect all the lights.

Comment

Or even the HP 2510p. Several of them around the client site, 12" screen, professional quality with same basic gear as my full size 6910.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X