• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

win 98 - online but can't access web pages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SunSpots

You may find this useful in your ongoing attempts at support

BOFH Excuse generator

Comment

Ch3W is da man!

My IE6 browser on W98 stopped working this afternoon after I swapped in a different brand cable modem, then went back to my original. Tried the Ch3W fix, and it worked as advertised. Will be spending the rest of the evening reinserting the hair back in my head that I pulled out the past few hours trying "everything". Then I started searching and ended up here. Yeah, this is my first post... I actually registered just to give a kudo to Ch3W.

Comment

Re: Ch3W is da man!

Bill Gates is probably now the richest man on the planet.

Comment

Wow, yeah...

Ch3W is da man. The bomb-diggity, even...

This is such a common problem within win98 and ME that I'm surprised I haven't found it easier to find this solution for it. I'm a new Tech Servant in Iowa and frankly, I run into this problem easily2 to 3 times a week. Usually we wind up just doing a reformat and reinstall of the OS. But no longer.

Thanks Ch3W...from the bottom of my heart...

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X