• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eero and Echo dots "Eero built in"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eero and Echo dots "Eero built in"

I'm setting up a new mesh in my place and have bought a lower-end Mercusys system of 3 nodes (I think it only needs 2 tbh) for about £100.

Separately, I've finally bought into Alexa dots as a convenient way to get (surprisingly OK) music and smart stuff around the house, I currently have 2 Dots and am thinking about a 3rd.

I just happened to notice that the current Echo Dot (and other devices) support "Eero built in" which means they can double as Eero mesh nodes. I had considered Eero but only discarded it as it cost more.. but if I could buy a single Eero and use Dots as repeaters, this could be pretty neat especially as the Dot is often on sale at £30.

Has anyone tried this? Is it too good to be true? My network load is hardly anything substantial as long as the coverage is decent.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Must admit I don't get echo dots but if this is true I'm very interested as well,
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The echo dots only seem to handle data up to 100mb - that may or may not be enough - certainly may be a problem for TVs at a distance...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
      X