• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unbranded USB C Laptop Chargers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbranded USB C Laptop Chargers

Anyone any experience buying spare USB C laptop chargers? Both me and the missus have the same Dells and want to put a charger in the desks but don't want to py 80 quid for Dell chargers. Are the USB C chargers truly usiversal? Amazon do ones that are advertised for Dell models and lists all the models but it's just an unbranded item for £18. I use mine for my phone as well without any issues so I'm guessing any one is ok.

Will these do or do I need to check wattages and all that?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Anyone any experience buying spare USB C laptop chargers? Both me and the missus have the same Dells and want to put a charger in the desks but don't want to py 80 quid for Dell chargers. Are the USB C chargers truly usiversal? Amazon do ones that are advertised for Dell models and lists all the models but it's just an unbranded item for £18. I use mine for my phone as well without any issues so I'm guessing any one is ok.

Will these do or do I need to check wattages and all that?
    Usb C will identify the maximum rate it can charge at and use that.

Beyond that if Amazon has been selling the brand for a year or so it's probably as good as any other - although Anker and Ugreen are the better options

Equally wait until Amazon Prime Day as there will be bargains then..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You'll probably need a high power one tbh. Lower power ones may work, but are likely to be slower and/or not provide enough power to run the laptop whilst charging.

I'd probably stick to a well known manufacturer like Anker or UGreen, 100w is going to be plenty.

Something like this is probably fine:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-MacBo...dp/B0C1GPZXN4/
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Good call on the branded options. That Anker one looks perfect so I don't have the brick kicking around on the floor.

Thank you very much all.

Comment

I've also got one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Char.../dp/B09PFRGBGR

Which will do 2 laptops at full speed at the same time, or multiple tablets/phones/laptops at a slightly slower rate.
          And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
            I've also got one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Char.../dp/B09PFRGBGR

Which will do 2 laptops at full speed at the same time, or multiple tablets/phones/laptops at a slightly slower rate.
            I looked at that and a few like it but don't need something as meaty. I've ordered the Anker one but also a U-Green with 2 USB C slots and one normal USB if either of us wants to charge phone as well.

Comment

Working...
            X