• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apps/sites won't work on my home Wifi but will on other devices/networks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed it's an IPv6 issue. Disable IPv6 on the Sky router, reboot the router and the problem will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern22 View Post
      Indeed it's an IPv6 issue. Disable IPv6 on the Sky router, reboot the router and the problem will be gone.
      But then wouldn't it affect all devices, not just mine?

Literally all other android and apple devices work fine with the same apps on the same Wifi.

Comment

Thanks all. I broke my phone and the new one comes this week. So hopefully won't have this issue any more. Will update once I know.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Thanks all. I broke my phone and the new one comes this week. So hopefully won't have this issue any more. Will update once I know.

Comment

That's one way to solve the problem!

Comment

You won't believe this.

I have the same problem on my new phone! And even with a replacement SIM card from Sky mobile (which I tried just to eliminate it as the cause).

Again, the issue only presents itself on my home Sky Wifi. Not on mobile data, and not on any other Wifi network.

My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy and the new one is a Google Pixel 7.
              This is messed up
              Last edited by ChimpMaster; 5 January 2023, 18:57.

Comment

My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy and the new one is a Google Pixel 7.
                Same version of Android? I think I did see on a forum that someone had this problem after an Android update and, after trying lots of things, they ended up reverting it.

The other Android devices which do work on the Sky wifi; are they a different/earlier version?

----------

PS. which makes me wonder if the Samsung stopped working after an Android (auto) update.
                Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 6 January 2023, 09:20. Reason: PS
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

A full reboot of the router solved this. Switched off the sky router for 30 minutes and then back on and it all looks ok.

Didn't want to do this because I wanted to find out why my phone was being singled out. But in the end gave up and well at least it looks like it's all working now.

Comment

A full reboot of the router solved this. Switched off the sky router for 30 minutes and then back on and it all looks ok.

Didn't want to do this because I wanted to find out why my phone was being singled out. But in the end gave up and well at least it looks like it's all working now.
                    Are you running a mesh network along the sky router?
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Yes, I did suspect the mesh and powered it off, leaving just the main router running. But that didn't solve the problem either.

Since the router long-reboot it has all been running OK. We have a lot of devices running, like several Alexa devices and smart plugs, firesticks, phones/tablets etc

My phone was the only device that had problems accessing certain apps over WiFi
                      Last edited by ChimpMaster; 11 January 2023, 18:58.

Comment

Working...
                      X