• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Headsets for teams, preferably wireless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headsets for teams, preferably wireless

So what headsets are you using. I don't really like using the laptop set up and no headphones that some do so requirements are.

Both ears (over ear)
    Purely for teams not general music use
    Wireless
    Lower budget (but could be swayed if it's the best long term plan to pay a bit more)

Anyone using anything they'd recommend?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So what headsets are you using. I don't really like using the laptop set up and no headphones that some do so requirements are.

Both ears (over ear)
    Wireless
    Lower budget (but could be swayed if it's the best long term plan to pay a bit more)

I really like the Plantronic Blackwire 5220, either both ears or just the one. Really reliable and very robust.

I know you said no music requirements etc,, but I find the two ear versions to be very good for PC games too.

Comment

Both ears (over ear)
      Wireless

Try this https://bfy.tw/SpAz

Comment

I bought the Jabra Evolve 40 as a 1-ear option since I work 100% at home and it's quiet, and I dislike talking with my ears covered. Which ticks none of your boxes. Go Bose noise-cancelling? Although I would possibly consider wireless ear-buds unless there is a reason you prefer over-ear? I find them overly warm.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Jabra evolve75 - it's got wireless (via dongle) and bluetooth. great sound quality IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

I really like the Plantronic Blackwire 5220, either both ears or just the one. Really reliable and very robust.

I know you said no music requirements etc,, but I find the two ear versions to be very good for PC games too.
            Thanks for that. The non music requirement was so people didn't suggest their high end music headphones. My son uses his Sony MH1000Mx4's but they are expensive and I see a couple of people here on teams with high end sound stuff. Probably great as they use for both but I don't really need the music element.

I bought the Jabra Evolve 40 as a 1-ear option since I work 100% at home and it's quiet, and I dislike talking with my ears covered. Which ticks none of your boxes. Go Bose noise-cancelling? Although I would possibly consider wireless ear-buds unless there is a reason you prefer over-ear? I find them overly warm.
            I currently have a one ear plantronics and just thought there was a better option. Maybe I should said on ear not over. I probably wouldn't want an all covering set like the high end music ones for the same reasons as you. Not a fan of buds. Always had problems with them, I've definitely got one side smaller than the other as it always aches even when I swap around and have to bugger about with different sized rubber things. Even with messing about and high end units I still find them uncomfortable over time so. Happy with the on ear for work. Maybe one ear is best for me, never tried anything else. Got to be wireless though. Wires always getting in the way and can't step away so maybe the 75 is another good option.

So any advance on the Plantronics 5220 or Jabra 75?

Comment

Anyone got an experience with Sennheiser MB Pro 2 Stereo Cordless Bluetooth Headset?
              https://www.headset-store.co.uk/senn...ing-stand.html

Comment

Anyone got an experience with Sennheiser MB Pro 2 Stereo Cordless Bluetooth Headset?
                https://www.headset-store.co.uk/senn...ing-stand.html

Not that one in particular but I have never had any joy with bluetooth headsets used on laptops etc.,

I would really love a wireless/blue tooth headset, not that the plantronics lacks quality it's just the wires everywhere.

So if this does prove to be a good one I would be keen to hear

Comment

I have Bose QC35. They're not cheap, but *have* been flawless, and you're a contractor man!
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

None of my recomendations fit youre requirements, so reading any futher will almost certinly be a waste of your time, but it might help you understanding my thinking when I chose a headset.

I have three headsets depending on the role

Jabra Evolve 40 - Solid for teams, covers both ears comfortbaly but is wired. If your headphones are just going to be used for teams I wouldn't rule out a wired device, most clientco laptops are crap and the bluetooth chip in them fails more than it works

Aftershokz Openmove - This was a left field choice as these are bone conducting so don't sit over your ears at all, great sound quality and being open you can hear peripheral conversations

BeoPlay H9 - High end Actvie Noise Cancelling over-ear headphones (look at the difference between on ear and over ear depending on your preference)

Depending on the situation I use any of the three, if I am on a client site dialing into a teams call I use the Aftershokz as I like to be aware of my surrounding environment, the BeoPlay are great for noise cancelling if the sound quality of the other end is poor (don't get me started on muppets with boom arm mic headseats that don't lower the boom so we can't actually hear them). Some machines don't have buetooth so always fall back to the Jabra Evolve's just wished they were USB-C (Plantronics Blackwire C5220 would be my choice if you need a USB-C paid). I aso have a pair of Sennheiser SC165 whcich never went back to a client that the kids use and again are basic but rock solid.

Where am I going with this? If you are just at home I wouldn't bother with a headset, spend your money on a decent external microphone and your QOL will be so so so much better, I generally don't care what other people are saying, I rarely listen, I am more concerned that people can here what they are paying me for.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X