• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS Teams Question, (Possibly Numpty!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Teams Question, (Possibly Numpty!)

I need to hold an MS Teams meeting.
    I need to invite Tom and Jerry.
    I don't want Jerry to see that Tom is in the meeting, though I do want both Tom and me to see that Jerry is there.
    I had a quick google and I think I can hide all attendees but this bit is not wanted.
    This will be needed for more than 1 attendee though (3 at the current count) - Don't want these three to see a) each other b) certain other attendees.
    Do my colleagues here have any ideas.
    Many thanks.
    PS: I am fully prepared to end up looking like an absolute muppet here!!!!!!
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

You might have to look at Live Events rather than a Meeting which may present other issues with functionality.

Looking at other online meeting providers, it seems that Zoom only does this in Webinar rather than Meeting mode, I haven't checked Webex to see if they too have the same limitation.

Comment

Might be easier to anonymise the attendees if the count is not important to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Might be easier to anonymise the attendees if the count is not important to hide.
        Think this is probably how it will have to go and sod any objectors!
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

I dont think even that is possible or rather can be forced.
          You can enable it so that anonymous people can join the call (guest users), but from what I remember when they join, they are asked to put in their name so they may end up putting down Tom/Jerry as their name.

You would have to let them know beforehand to put Anon (or something) as their name when they join.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
            I dont think even that is possible or rather can be forced.
            You can enable it so that anonymous people can join the call (guest users), but from what I remember when they join, they are asked to put in their name so they may end up putting down Tom/Jerry as their name.

You would have to let them know beforehand to put Anon (or something) as their name when they join.
            Thank You
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Is it a discussion/conversation or is it a presentation?
              if you’re wanting others to be able to talk, then I think you’re going to struggle. If it’s a presentation with one person doing the talking, then do it as a live event. No one but the organiser will see who is online
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Is it a discussion/conversation or is it a presentation?
                if you’re wanting others to be able to talk, then I think you’re going to struggle. If it’s a presentation with one person doing the talking, then do it as a live event. No one but the organiser will see who is online
                It's a discussion - a very one-sided one at that - basically, a few people need to get a rollicking and I don't want the fact that this rollicking which I will dleiver is being witnessed by some of my people to be known to those getting the rollicking. They only use Teams - don't ask!
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

The only thing to be wary about in live events is that you can only see who attended after the event, and you need to ensure when setting it up that you make sure attendee engagement report is turned on (it usually is be default but double check).
                  During the live event you can only see how many people are online.

Live events are also a bit of a headache to manage, especially if you have more than one presenter. The layout and management of a live event is completely different to a normal teams meeting.

Comment

Do the person who need to listen to the rollicking need to listen to it in real time.

One solution would be to just record it for you own use later.

Probably best to ensure you have a "we record meetings for convenience of minute taking" policy implemented at some point.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X