• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bots stalking me on YouTube?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bots stalking me on YouTube?

I consume quite a lot of YouTube content and in the last few weeks have noticed obvious bots/spammers replying to my comments. They do so across many channels and are all "sensible comments" - often copies of other comments - but the accounts are all called "Sally wants you to **** her" or "tap me for a ****" for instance, slight variations but clearly all the same.
    I keep blocking them but to no avail and I don't see them on others' comments on the same videos, and YouTube doesn't seem to be auto-blocking them.

Apparently my specific account has been tagged and is being followed around YouTube which makes me a little concerned. I've not had this before and not sure what if anything I can do about it. I've seen scammers target individual channels but this is following be around reputable, well-policed comment sections.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

It's not common but it's not unique either.

There's a similar issue on CUK where where one of these bots replies to every question on the Accounting/Legal board with "Have you asked your accountant?".

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

There's a similar issue on CUK where where one of these bots replies to every question on the Accounting/Legal board with "Have you asked your accountant?".

Comment

Perfect example of how a bot can successfully shorten a process and add value to a customer.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have noticed the same thing. A lot of avatars involve ladies in thongs.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Perfect example of how a bot can successfully shorten a process and add value to a customer.
            Wow, it looks like that CUK one has learned to portray sentient thoughts!

Comment

Nah, it just got lucky in pulling bulltulip bingo phrases out from its stock responses list

Comment

Hardly
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                X